Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
maps
12 Posts
Don't know how detailed you want it but here's one:- Click Here
Hi Glynis Thank for that Imsure it will be usefull.
Regards BUGS
Hi All. We've been to Menorca before but will be hiring a car for the first time this year. We've booked it for a week and intend to visit other resorts/beaches around the island. As I've never hired a car abroad before can someone tell me does the car hire company provide a map or do you have to buy one? I'm assuming we'll have to buy one...if that's the case would we be better to get one when we're there or before we go? Priced them in Smith's today - £4.99. Thanks for any replies, Nic.
I would wait till you get there as some car rentals do give you one free and I'am sure I have seen them elsewhere were they are free.Even if there not I don't thik they will be around £5.

Regard's Mary.
Thanks Mary, will wait til we get there then and hope we get one free.
Hi,
You can get a free map of the Island from the Tourist Office which is situated in front of you as you come out of the Arrivals Hall it is on right of the exit door.
Basically there is one main road which runs the length of the Island. The roads to the various holiday
resorts lead off from that. It's difficult to get lost here.
Have a great holiday.
Llull
It is a bit trick to get lost there :D If your feet are wet, you've gone too far! It should be easy enough to find fairly decent maps online to give you idea of routes to plan
I'm sure we could still manage it, husband doing the driving and me map reading :yikes Thanks for all the replies, hopefully we'll get to see some lovely places and ideas for future holidays.
A Google map will give you an idea.

I've been many times and have been given a map with the hire car every time. Driving is easy, the road to El Torro may be something best left untill your more confident but even that is not too tricky.
For those not intent on lying on the beach for the duration of their holiday, I can recommend the "Menorca Tour & Trail" map. It is far more detailed than the free roadmaps issued with hire cars making navigation to those secluded coves all the easier! In addition it has footpaths and hiking trails clearly marked and, for the super-keen, GPS waypoints are given which can be paired with downloadable files from the website! The map itself is made from a silky-smooth polymer which is waterproof and rip-proof. The map is produced by Discovery Walking Guides Ltd and the Menorca one is ISBN 1-904946-03-8. RRP is £7.99 but shop around online and it can be found slightly cheaper. Their website is http://www.dwgwalking.co.uk.

I have no connection to this company other than as a very satisfied customer and user of their products.

Cheers,
Jet
I am searching for an up-to-date, detailed map of Menorca and hope someone can recommend one!

I am aware that some of the roads have been renamed, but don't know how recently this has been done, therefore, I'm unsure which maps will have the correct information. On the Amazon website for example, some of the maps advertised were published several years ago!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.