Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hotel Rocamarina
26 Posts
I know it gets good reviews , but in the summer 2007 Thomson Gold there is , for the first time , something about it " being unsuitable for those with walking difficulties " , is there a reason for this ?
Also how far is this hotel from the resort centre , anyone used the tourist train and is it comfy for someone with a bad back , we have used such things in Costa DEl Sol and they were awful !! :shock:
Hi, i can't really understand this unless they mean the one set of stairs at the entrance. This is the only stairs to this hotel, even the corridors that are on different levels have ramps in them and lifts to all floors, have a look at this link,
http://cp.traveltainment.de/content_page/index.php3?KID=110000&IFF=&Ref_ID=100_20_H2076&lang=
The hotel is in Cala Egos in a great position with Des Pou beach right in front of it, a 2 minute walk to the shops and bars but a 30 minute walk to Cala D'or and yes the little train is bone shaking, also look at
http://www.caladorscene.com
hope these help you decide,
Steve.
Hi there....... :wave We have booked for this hotel Sept/Oct this year. I have the Thomson Gold brochure right in front of me and it clearly states:-

Hotel bedrooms....234
Lifts.............None.

So, if this information is correct, then it is not suitable for people with walking difficulties......if anyone finds out anything different, please post it as I would like to know. Thanks, Linda x
Hi Linda, i am sure when we visited friends last year that we got in a lift even though it was only one floor, perhaps they have been removed and this is why they are saying that it is now longer suitable for people with walking difficulties, anyhow i am there tomorrow so i will have a look and see if i am going crazy or not!!!
Steve.
Hi Steve, thanks for that it will be interesting, lol. Do you think you could find out about the smoking policy? Like have they got a smoking area near the bar? Pwetty pweese, lol....love Linda x
Thanks for very useful info , especially the map . what key numbers are close to the Rocamarina ?

Thanks
Stanley
Hi, just been into reception which is next to the 2 lifts that are working,
apparently they are being replaced with new ones over the winter that will be ready for the start of the 2007 season. The receptionist said that as some of their customers are disabled it is very important to them to keep the lifts, I asked about the smoking policy and there is no smoking in the hotel at all except for the outside terrace that is by the bar.
The hotel is opposite La Mirada (no 7) on the cala dor scene map,
off for a cold San Miguel now
Best wishes
Steve.
Thanks for that Steve, much apreciated..... :glynis
Regarding the smoking policy, surely you can smoke in your room? Eeeeek I know it's not good for you, but I do smoke and if you can't smoke in the room I will be changing hotels........... :cry:
Thanks so much for the info........Linda x
Hello everyone...... :wave ....I rang the hotel this morning, and you can't smoke in your rooms..... :cry: so I've changed it. Anyway when speaking to Thomsons I mentioned about the brochure saying no lifts, and it's a mistake in the brochure. The details given regarding number of rooms and lifts applies to the Picafort Park. Thanks again to Steve, as I wouldn't have rang and checked had it not been for your comment.....Linda x
Does anybody know the phone number of the Rocamarina Hotel - booked for my mother and she wants to request a room.
:P
rocamarina@infonegocio.com
excellent hotel, really enjoyed our stay there.
Does anybody know whether the Rocamarina hotel provides towels to use by the pool?

Is there tea and coffee facitlities in the rooms?

My mom's going in 10 days and the questions have started! Any comments would be appreciated, :lol:
The Rocamarina is a fantastic hotel for middle aged and older people. My parents have stayed there many times and are going again this year. Everything is provided - all rooms have tea/coffee making facilities and even a dressing gown and slippers are provided. I am not too sure about beach / pool towels but I would suspect they are. You may need to ask for them and staff are generally very helpful. I would advise you to wait and see, and if they are not provided, you can buy a beach/pool towel cheaply and easily in many of the nearby shops. This would be preferable to overloading you baggage and then finding out you didnt need to. I am sure they will really enjoy their stay at the Rocamarina. :D
Yes they do provide beach towels (small deposit) you can change them every day for free.We used this facility as it saved packing heavy towels.
Fantastic! Mom will be pleased! Are there tea and coffee in all rooms or just the superior rooms? I'm sure on one of the reviews ive read somebody complained that there were no tea/coffee facilities in the rooms - maybe their policy has changed?
hippyjak we did not have a superior room but we were still able to pay ( a small fee) for tea/coffee tray which included lovely biscuits. The tray got restocked every day by the maids. Its a lovely hotel, I have never seen such a clean place. The staff are very helpful, and the food is very good. We had our meals outside which was much better than eating in the dinning room. Your table is alocated to you so there is no waiting to be seated. I hope that your mum has a lovely time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.