Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Roma's Report
17 Posts
Nice concise report there Roma, be good to hear your restaurant bit as we leave this Saturday and always on the look out for a good eating place. One of the lads who is coming out 2 days after us is a head chef in a posh hotel and we always have a bit of a food fest based on recommendations from here.
On the subject of Chapora, it`s a strange little place isn`t it, I always use the barber shop in the middle of the main st there, doesn`t speak a word of English but never overcharges me, 25rps for a good double shave, it`s like a Goan version of Desmonds :rofl The juice bar next to the Banyan tree is very cheap and very good, I went to pay last year and said "no I had 2" "yes sir you pay for 2" . Well worth a visit if you are passing, there is also a massive Banyan tree nearby, from the juice bar go to the other end of the main street and take a right, anybody will point you in the right direction, it is huge.
Nice report Roma, loved the scooter part :rofl
Really enjoyed reading your report.
Gail
Brill Roma I love reading reports I loved the bit where the wife kicked your foot .when you were stopped by the police ... :rofl :rofl
loved your report Roma .. found it really entertaining!! :D had a good giggle!!! and so true all you say about Goa at the end ...very well put i thought...

If you go looking for something to complain about, you'll find it without too much effort. You have to be able suspend your normal critical faculties and adjust to life in a very different country - dirt, smells, corruption and all. If you can do that, and I guess most of us on this forum can, it's a fantastic place to take a few weeks holiday. Sun, great food and nice people on a budget that is still affordable.

see you both next year
chilly :)
Loved the report Roma! Had me in stitches! :rofl Lovely to meet you at the meets! :wave:
what a great report. :tup I loved reading all your thoughts on Goa and how things are.
Morning Roma and Pat :wave:
Loved the report :tup it did make me laugh :rofl you dont notice much do you :rofl
nice to see you again sorry we didnt get to talk much Chillys fault
you need to get Mrs Roma on here lets hear her side
Pat :sun2
great report roma.
just love the way you tell it as it is. im just jealous that i am not as elloquent as you. was great to meet up with you and pat again and like grannypat sorry didnt get round to taliking to you both as we didnt have a lot of time at the meet as we were talking to chilly and mike as they came late. but it was a good meet and we are in north in november so hopefully we can put that right then. keep up the great reports and see you soon
smudger2
(andy)
:tup :sun2 :cheers
Nice to see you back safe and sound..its gone so quick never mind you enjoyed yourselves and thats what its all about...
Roma,

Fantastic read.I will do mine as soon as the jetlag allows but you mirror a lot of what I thought this year.I also try to avoid stereotyping people but your comments about the russians struck a chord.I had very similar experiences with them.Maybe if we had had their history we would have a similar outlook.Cannot complain about the female russians though.Very nice to look at.

Papa
Hi Roma,thanks for a great honest report,all very true.we look forward to seeing you again next season at the HT meets,no need for the naked initiation ceremony though :rofl
Thanks Split and hope you are both now safely back in Blighty. At least the sun is shining!

It was great meeting you both at the meets and look forward to seeing you and the other HTers next season. In the interests of maintaining our dignity, I guess we'll abandon the initiation idea!! :rofl
Hi Roma

Love the report, just brilliant, it was great to me you and O/H and look forward to seeing you next season.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.