Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Roma's Report
31 Posts
loved reading your report Roma. Makes me :) wish i was there right now.
Great report Roma! I am so glad you liked The Residency and also Mumbai! It is not everybody's favourite place but we also love it!! So much to see and do.
I look forward to seeing you on the windswept, cold promenade in St.Annes!! :rofl :rofl
hi Roma
Great report. Flying with Qatar for the first time in July so looking forward to it.
We did the same day tour as you in Mumbai- loved it :) I hope I get back there some time
Really enjoyed reading your report.

Must try Mumbai on my next visit.
roma wrote:
....thought I'd do a quick report.

So refreshing to read a report that covers a 'flying visit' of the essentials - with humour :tup

Nice one Roma. :)
A great report Roma,

I admire your grasp on thrift and eating at the less expensive establishments it reminds me a lot of myself.

I really loved these two quotes from Mrs Roma

In order to sort things out I asked Mrs Roma to dismount (while she reminded me what a pi***ck I was )

Mrs Roma managed not to laugh for all of 5 seconds before resuming her verbal assault; this time I thought I detected a note of derision in her invective.

It reminds me so much of the sympathetic nature of Mrs GM06 when i get in a pickle.

GM06
Ian
Great report - loved it :tup Fizz
Thanks Roma,

Great reading

Papa
I love reading other peoples reports, it makes you feel as though you are really there. Good one Roma.
Great Report Roma! Made me laugh yet again!! :tup
Gret report Roma - thanks!
Very interested in Presa di Goa at Nagao, can you get there easily from Baga, and do you just walk in?
Kevin
Hi Kevin - Presa di Goa is very convenient from Baga - a fairly short taxi ride. Take a look at the web site. It's a liitle haven! Yes, you just walk in, grab your sunbed by the pool and then have lunch - just spend more than 250rps each.
http://www.presadigoa.com/

Squigs - Forgot it was you that recommended the Residency! Thanks for a great tip and yes....no doubt we'll see you "on the prom" over the lovely summer we're going to have!

Goangirl - Glad you're still laughing! Lovely to see you and Roy at the Carvery.

Roma
Thanks Roma,
Looks like a little bit of heaven!
:) great report,l,we will be staying 3 days in mumbai on our next trip so very helpful and have booked to do the dharavi trip with reality tours
Hi Valleylady - Hope you enjoy Mumbai. We pondered the Dharavi trip but thought it felt a bit voyeuristic. Everybody I know who has done it, really enjoyed it so it will be interesting to hear what you think.
hi roma,we booked the trip after watching the programme about it on channel 4, we are interested in the school that is run in the centre of the rag pickers area, also thinking of doing the overnight village tour,,will write report when we come back. :cheers
Hi Valleylady,
we did the Dharavi tour a couple of years ago and it was absolutely brilliant! :tup
Just a bit of advice, there is quite a lot of walking involved and it was also very hot so I wished I had taken a sunhat with me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.