Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hey ther eif im correct your luggage will automaticly be passed on to the next flight, when you land in rome (im guessing leanardo da vinci) follow signs for flight connections it will be well signposted in italian and english.
Im not sure if you will have to pass through customs again but if you do it will be as you go through the connections area.
Dont worry it will be really straight forward :lol:
Hi,

All the net tells me is that it's Rome, Fiumicino. And it's 35.5km outside of the city. I have heard this airline looses bags all the time (fingers crossed!) I just hope it goes OK because e are with kids.

Any more replies please?
Thanks,
BRAD 8)
Fiumcino is the same airport as Leonardo da Vinci - airport code is FCO. The other airport in Rome is Ciampino - mainly used from the UK for low cost airlines (Easyjet, Ryanair). The airport is not huge and the connection times should allow enough time for you to leave one plane, wander around the airport and then get back on. The cabin crew and ground crew should be able to direct you how to get from one plane to the next.
Hi,

Yes it must be Leonardo da Vinci then. We are flying with alitalia who are Italian. Has anyone ever flown with Alitalia and changed flights at this airprot for another flight with them. Its just we have kids so need all the advice before we go!

Yours,
Brad 8)
Hi,

Thanks for web address.
So to summarise the flight lands and I go through connecting flights and board second flight when called?

Yours,
Brad 8)
Are there 2 airports for Rome? If so what are the travelling distances/times to the centre of Rome?
Thanks
Check :arrow: http://www.adr.it/

Gives details for Rome Fiumicino and Rome Ciampino airports.

Remember to select English at top of page...unless your Italian is good!

Nivsy
Has anyone used the website airportshuttle . it ? I tried to book for 5 people at the advertised prices - before 1930 from Fiumicino to city , expected 59 Euros but check out showed 84 ?? No obvious reason . Are they reputable ?
You weren't trying to book one of the holiday dates from the bottom of the rates list were you?

59 +30% for holiday +10% VAT (also hidden at the bottom)= 84.37
No Feb 8 is not a holiday date . Something is wrong . Defintely 84.37 Euros , journey time requested2030 so cannot be late surcharge . Tried a journey back to airport and got 30.7 which equals 28 + VAT .
Just a thought - is it a " scam " because there will be possibly many English rugby fans arriving ?
A worrying thing about this site - when I hit the browser back button it updated the cart again with the same journey , had to clear cart and start again . Also I tried to book today for tomorrow evening , it said Sat was first day .
When you requested 2030 did it confirm the time? I wonder if it's giving you the first available after your requested time and taking you into night rate.

Or is it adding the guaranteed waiting time and taking you over that way?

It's too late to get to the bottom of it now but something for potentail users to bear in mind for the future.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.