Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just went on Direct Holidays website to compare my price for next October and they don't have any family rooms left. Double-checked with Thomas Cook and Royal Wings has disappeared altogether! Glad I booked when I did. Going with 2 other couples who also booked family rooms, so sounds like the timing was good!
How hot is it in oct? going to look for end of sept. We have always gone june and its always nice and hot :) thanks if you see a good price let me know please 2 adults from either manchester, leeds/brad,humberside ,east mids or doncaster. Thank you x
I've not been before, but from what I've learnt from trowling the sites it is still nice and warm during the day, but the evenings can be chilly. I think the pools are still fairly warm from the hot summer! Someone else may be able to clarify.
Hi Pamplemoose

I have just read your review as I have not had a chance to take a look at the forum for a while.

It was fantastic and fortunately very positive as we are off there in a month. It was extremely helpful.
Rooms, food, entertainment, children's club - you covered it all and I cannot thank you enough.

I wondered about the children's club and hoped my boys would enjoy it. The older one (if he does not like the club) may want to wander about a bit on his own with others of his age. Is it safe for him to do that? Hopefully he will enjoy the club and make some friends so won't need to do so.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which floor to stay on (or not stay on)? We may not be able to make requests but any advice would be useful in case we can.

I can see from the reviews that Lara Beach (besides the beach) does not have anything very impressive to do. We do not really plan to leave the hotel much but would possibly like to get out to do one or two things.

A We would love to shop in a market or two. Did you come across any or did anyone else reading this find one?

B Go on any 'must see' trips. Does anyone have any recommendations? And if so should we book through the rep or somewhere else in Lara Beach?

Enough questions for now.

Looking forward to any answers I receive.

Regards

Nina
Hi Nina

I'm very pleased it is of some help, thanks for your kind comments.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time, there's a thread here, http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=134593&p=1368217#p1368217 which covers quite alot of questions you may have.

We found it to feel very safe and our 12 and 9 year old often went off around the hotel, after telling us where they would be. The kids clubs will advertise what activities are running and usually take them to the Aqua Park at the front of the hotel in the afternoon.

We stayed on the 10th and had a lovely view overlooking the pool and beach (on the Sherwood Breezes side of the hotel) - I did email the hotel beforehand so don't know if this helped or not. In fact we had booked to rooms for 3 but were upgraded, free of charge, to a suit with round jaccuzi bath!! Bear in mind that lower floors will not see past trees, etc. However, floors I think, 4-7, have balconies with railings that you can see through whereas 1-3 and 8-10 have solid ones so you can only see the view when standing up.

I believe there was market one day a week but didn't go I'm afraid. The hotel runs a courtesy bus, with charge, but the rep says it's cheaper to flag down a dolmus and then you can be flexible at what time you want to return.

There's more shops than I expected in Lara Beach, but it's certainly not a pretty resort and no pavement cafes or the like although enough souverniers should you wish. Most people though go for the luxury of the hotels and rarely leave them, and of course the daytime heat makes it extremely uncomfortable to walk around, especially for the kids. We did mean to go into Antalya, but alasnever made it this time.

Have a great time!
Thanks for your reply. Did not realise you sent me 2 separate replies. Ignore my latest mail as I did not know you replied about the market.

I fancy making a room request just in case it helps. Can you just answer a question about the balconies? You said there is some open ones - could my 6 year old fall through? Asking as I would want to avoid those floors if that is the case!

Thanks
They looked OK from the outside but I didn't see them close up. The usual railing type which I'm sure though are quite safe. Request the concrete filled in ones though if you are at all worried. Other than clibming on chairs to climb over, there's no way they can fall through. If you request one on a higher floor and are lucky enough to get a sea view, that would be good.
Greetings from RW - been here 24hours and the place is wonderful - will report back soon!

Hello from the Royal Wings!! Nina I'm looking at them right now and there is no way your little one will fall through!

H
h
Thanks for that. It is wonderful to have such good reporters as you and Pamplemoose.

Can you let me know if there are any trips we should go on, tips about any tour operators (or whether it is the same price with the reps) or boat trips to do in Lara and also if there are any markets we can get to (I think Pamplemoose said there is one in Antalya) as people come back with wonderful cheap things but I think they stay in a different part.

Have a great holiday and don't worry to take time out to answer me until you are home but any tips would be appreciated.

Best regards
Zoso - you should be enjoying your holiday, not on here. See you in 2 weeks!!

Consider yourself well and truly told off, lol.
Just back today and I have to say it was the best holiday we have ever had!!

I will update this thread tomorrow after work :yikes and I will be adding a wonderful review on this hotel later in the week!!

All I can say now is what a magic hotel/complex :bow

If anyone has any questions fire away and I will be happy to help!!

Gordon

P.S - I have the full cocktail list and can comment on them all :cheers
Thanks Pamplemousse,

I very much appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

You've written a fantastically detailed review, which just about answers everything I can possibly think of asking about, so thanks ever so much for that,. It's particularly helpful that you included the fact that children can have adult meals. This is a really important factor for us, as my four year old son is a Coeliac and cannot eat Gluten/wheat, etc, and therefore the greater the choice the better for him. Did you find that there was plenty of choice in the restaurants, as the usual kids food such as pizza/burgers and so on, generally include gluten?

There was just one other thing. My kids love the "Kids Clubs", so could you give me an idea of opening times.

Thanks again for all you help.

I'm just going to have a look at the photo galleries now. Have you posted any?

King regards,

Andy.
Hi

Can anyone tell me if I should or could take the following. Beach towels (I assume they lend swimming pool towels), Travel iron, Travel hairdryer, toiletries.

I read somewhere beach towels, a hairdryer and toiletries are provided but would appreciate it if someone could let us know for sure.

Best regards

Panda
You'll not need beach towels - the towel desk is open from 8am - 6:30pm - you can use them for the pool or the beach.

They do provide shampoo/shower gel/soap etc however we still took our own.

Wife didn't take her hair dryer and said the one supplied was great!

There is a sign in the room telling you not to use irons for some reason - we had a travel iron which we used a couple of times and just made sure it was out of the way before the maid came in to make up the room.

Hope this helps
Hi Everyone,

Well its not long now till our holiday! We go on 4th October.

Could someone advise if they allow you to book a late checkout and if so how much it is?

We need to be out our room on the Sunday at whatever time it is (midday?) but our flight isn't until 6am Monday morning. Eeekkk thats a scary prospect with hyper 7 year old, let me tell you!

thanks x
Sorry we didn't keep ours on but used the spa showers on the last day.
It may be possible to keep your room on, but they charge 10 euros per hour so it could work out pretty expensive
Costa
Apologies that I haven't put a review up yet - I did go in to start a couple of weeks ago however there was nothing I could say except that the hotel is out of this world!! I will get a review up soon I promise!!

As far as keeping your room goes - we were being picked up at 03:30 and we paid £120 to keep the room until this time - not sure if it will be cheaper in Oct as they told us that we were just paying for a full extra nights stay!! We would pay this money again as we spent virtually nothing in the 2 weeks we were there and it allowed us to enjoy our last day to the full, have dinner, enjoy the show, have a few drinks and be in bed for 22:30!!! few hours sleep before being picked up at 03:30!!

I asked on the first day about late check out and they told me to come back at 08:30 on the last day as it would be then that they would know if we could keep the room or not!!

Word of warning - I paid the £120 cash (£80 English notes and £40 Scottish notes) to the girl @ 08:30 on our last day. When we went to reception to check out @ 03:15 I was told that they didn't accept Scottish notes and I had to use the Euros I had been keeping for the airport to pay the £40 (they gave me the Scottish notes back).
Thanks Zoso. I think its worth paying that extra for the peace of mind and so you can relax. It is expensive but will be worth it! I suppose technically it is an extra night stay anyway as I think we'll get picked up for the airport at around 3am?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.