Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Neil, it was difficult to find a bar showing the rugby in the viccinity but we did come across a bar just off 5th Avenue where they put the Wales match on for us one day. I'll have to ask the rest of the party if they remember what it was called. I think it was owned by a Scots guy. It was recommended to us by the guy who ran another pub on 5th Avenue called the Tequilla Barrel.

I'll get back to you :tup
we were there last week & noticed on 5th ave,there were a couple of bars,advertising the football,although didn't notice the names,as we were just strolling along.i am sure,you will get to watch the rugby somewhere,especially if you ask,as they are really friendly and will help you,as much as possible.
enjoy your hol
tracy
Thanks for the replies. couldnt recall any "sports" bars last time out....i'll just have to trawl the bars for beforehand....not the worst thing really!
TBH, we asked at loads of places but no luck as most didn't have Sky or anything. However, the Tequilla Barrel used to pick up all sorts of channels through their computer but unfortunately they couldn't pick up the Wales rugby international we wanted. I asked hubby if he remembered the name of the place we did watch it but to no avail (it was 2 years ago lol). If all else fails you could get the taxi to take you to 5th Avenue ($5) and ask the way to the Tequila Barrel (it's very central). There's a good chance they'll have it there.
Shirley if you remember correctly the chap at the Tequila Barrel phoned ahead to the bar to ask if they were showing it. I can't remember the name of the bar either only that it was situated on a street corner, & there was a terrific storm when we were there. Lucky you NeilTheBeaver - we loved it at the Tequila. I know I have some pics of the place - I'll search them out just in case the bar's name is on one of them. I do remember it was quite a way along the strip - I might be wrong but I think it was 14th street.
I think it was 14 or 4 something Helen. Might have been called 4th Avenue but I don't think so :que Yes, it was a relative of the guy in the Tequila Barrel that ran the other bar and he phoned to ask him.

Yes, it was on the corner of a junction.
Hi Neil, i've been doing some 'nerdy' research into the bars of playa for our holiday in march and I think I may just have your answer !
There is a sports bar called PG's Sandbox bar and grill and they show all sports on massive screens, including rugby.
It's situated on the corner of 1st avenue and calle 26
the website is sandboxbarandgrill.com ( sorry, can't do a link as i'm thick !!!)
hope this helps !
cheers,
juby
Hi Neal,

Just watch it in the Sports bar in the Tequila (free beer and food as well :tup ). We have watched rugby there before as well as football and other UK sports. As long as it's on one of the channels they can get in Mexico then you should be fine. Even if it clashes with any other sports event, they have several screens which can all show different channels.

Cheers

Keith
lewiskei - unless its changed since we were there the TEquila couldn't get it. That's why we headed into town.
Ok, as I said, it depends on which channel it's on. Try asking Daniel the barman in the Sports bar. He normally works the evening / night shift and will tell you for definite if they can get it or not. If they can't he may be able to tell you where you could watch it in town.

Cheers

Keith

PS I'm dead jealous of you going to the Tequila. It's my favourite place on earth :D Have a great time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.