Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
From their T&C's:

Contact

E-mail contact will be made with passengers via the e-mail address provided at the time of reservation in respect of any schedule change or cancellation to flight itineraries. This address will also be used to respond to any correspondence received from you in relation to a flight. Evidence of e-mail dispatch will be accepted as evidence of receipt.
If you have not provided Ryanair with a valid e-mail address, you should re-check your outward/return flight timings on http://www.ryanair.com or with a Ryanair Reservations Centre between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure.
Complaints/Claims will only be accepted by fax or mail and written in the English language. Passengers are advised to submit copies only, as original documentation will not be returned.

It appears they prefer email contact.

Mark :D
Thankyou Mark Have just sent the emai will see what happens next

Supermum : :)
I'm assuming you will be refunded - but they've made YOU jump through the hoops they've placed before you when it's not YOUR fault they've breached the contract.

Keep receipts of any additional costs you incur as you'd likely have a claim against Ryanair for recovery of such.

If you are delayed in getting a refund (should receive monies within 7 days of notice and agreement to cancel) - Providing you paid by credit card AND the transaction cost (two tickets counts as one transaction) is more then £100 and less than £30,000 talk to your credit card provider who will reimburse you under section 75 of the consumer credit act. This doesn't apply to switch payments or charge card payments - only credit cards (and only if the card is issued in G. Britain).

Good luck.

Mike
Thankyou Mike

Others in the party who booked separately have made contact with Ryanair today and were told it would take 10-15 days to refund the money. I emailed tham yesterday but so far no reply. Its not possible to ring these lines from work and they are not open when I get home but will try again tomorrow, and will update on any progress. Two tickets purchased by credit card and cost £248

Supermum :roll:
ps forgot to mention Have now booked our flights with Aer Arann who have taken over the Cardiff to Dublin flights cost us £40 each no charge for luggage all taxes included had paid £124 each with Ryanair - Bargain!

Supermum :D
Things looking good then Supermum.

Oh, Ryan Air must refund your money within 7 days else they broken the law. Email them and inform them of article 8, 1, a in the EC261/2004 directive - it states monies should be refunded in 7 days.

Looks like article 5, point 1, c (i) states that being informed of the cancellation at least two weeks prior to departure avoids the requirement of compensation over and above refund of ticket costs already paid.

Cheers, Mike
Had an email from Ryan air completed details for refund of payment. Ryanair states that this will be completed within 7 days but bank handling may mean 10-15 days before my card is credited

Supermum :D
Is this the flight that's connected to your Dilos hotel booking? If so, you are certainly being put through the mill for this holiday. :?
Hi Glynis
No this is something different to the trip with Dilos. Will update about that on the Dilos thread

Supermum
Did you book the flights direct with ryanair?
If you booked through Cresta who are part of the My Travel group they were offering a free transfer to Bristol.
Not as convienient as Cardiff i know, but its better than being lumbered with finding your own way there!!
Hi SunSunLu

No I booked direct with Ryan air on line, However we have now got flights with Aer Araan far cheaper so happy about that Lets hope Aer Araan last till Sept!!!

Supermum
Just an update for everyone and sharing of frustration.

Eventually informed by Ryanair that a refund would be made to my credit card within 7 days but to allow a further 7 days for processing by CC company. Cancelled on 3rd May now 28th May no refund, no response to emails. Have contacted cc comapny who are on the case.

Supermum

:( :bhead
Success at last. After nearly a month Ryanair have refunded my money - minus the £6 I paid for insurance but there you go don't know what happened to that!!!

Supermum :glynis :pele
They cancelled the flight I wouldnt except them keeping £6.00 for insurance.

Kind Regards
Stewart
No Have emailed them again but no response yet
Will not give up its not much money but its mine!

Supermum
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.