Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Did you travel to Spain by any chance? The Spanish Government increased their Air Passenger Duty for any flights leaving Spain after July 1st so this could be it.

Ryanair could, at least, have sent you an email explaining :(
Left uk on 26/6/2012 to lanzarote and returned on 10/7/2012...
Had no e-mail or contact from Ryanair and this is the first time l've heard about spainish increased their Air Passenger Duty ...
D o you know how much it was by any chance...maybe £2.38...
Apart from the email to "everyone" informing me that a further charge would be taken for my Ryanair flight from Lanzarote to UK, I too received no personal email telling me the charge had been taken. It was 1.87€ by the way!

I queried this on another thread as to how Ryanair can just take money from my card - I didn't realise they kept the details :(
ray316 wrote:
Left uk on 26/6/2012 to lanzarote and returned on 10/7/2012...
Had no e-mail or contact from Ryanair and this is the first time l've heard about spainish increased their Air Passenger Duty ...
D o you know how much it was by any chance...maybe £2.38...

Judging by madsue's cost if there were 2 of you it seems about right.

Some information for you here Ray:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18720587
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-is-the-spanish-airport-tax-increase

Ryanair are charging €1.92 from Malaga, ????????
BmiBaby have debited 3 euro from my card for my trip back from Malaga in July, making it 1.50 euros each and showing on my statement as :

BmiBaby- Derby - 3 euros @ 1.2448 = £2.41

Malaga is Malaga and the rate of the Airport tax should be the same for everybody, regardless of the company, surely?

Yep, I know it's only 42 centimos more per passenger, but that's a lot of 42 centimos extra, so why is Robinair charging more than BmiBaby.?

Sanji
Thought I'd read something somewhere Sanji to do with the difference prices from various Spanish airports, I've found a snippet here showing a table of various prices:-

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2012/07/ryanair-customers-to-be-hit-by-spanish-airport-tax-rises
Hi Glynis
I understand that the increase/amount will depend on whichever airport you depart from, but why is there a difference of 40 centimos by two different companies departing from the same airport (Malaga)?

I've noticed the rate quoted from Malaga for BmiBaby in your link is wrong.
BMI Baby says its extra charge is £7 per person from Barcelona and £1.50 per person from all other destinations

The BmiBaby rate is not £1.50, its 1.50 euros, as my statement shows.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nsgnr.jpg

If BmiBaby are charging €1.50 per passenger, I'm intrigued as to why Ryanair are charging €1.92, when both are departing from Malaga? :scratch:

Sanji
:offtop
Opps, that image has stretched the page, where is the edit button.?
Clearly 800 pixs wide ( which it says in the reply box is the limit when posting an image) - is too wide.

Will someone delete the image in my post above and insert this smaller one please.
If there'd ben an edit button, I'd have done it myself, so where is the edit button?.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nsgnr.jpg

Sanji
Sanji wrote:

Will someone delete the image in my post above and insert this smaller one please.
If there'd ben an edit button, I'd have done it myself, so where is the edit button?.

Sanji

Done the image Sanji. Some of the forums don't have an edit button, I know for instance that complaints doesn't. This is to prevent someone making a false claim for example then coming back and editing it out.

HTH :wave
Thanks for doing the image Glynis. :cheers I don't post in here very much, so I hadn't noticed the no edit button, and I couldn't see that the image had stretched the page in preview. (too late after hitting the submit button)

Suggestion….
Cut the max size down for images to 500 pixs, it’s currently displaying 800 pixs max, and as I’ve just found out, that is too wide for the page and it stretches the box/post.

It used to be 500 pixs max on the old board for that reason. However on this new board, I thought I'd give it a go at just under 800 pixs wide.

Sanji x
sanji,
i think the reason for the difference is that BMI just rounded all their prices to charge the same for all airports, where ryanair have taken the exact amount as it is not in their blood to round anything down and give the customer something free.
Hi Jim
You may be right, although I would have thought that BmiBaby couldn't afford to round anything down, and that they would be clambering for every centimos to pay the Spanish, seeing as BmiBaby are hanging on the cliff edge.

The biggest hikes are at Madrid and Barcelona, and Baby didn’t fly to Madrid, so after looking on their site, they are quoting £7 for Barcelona and £1.50 for all other destinations.
I’m not complaining if they have charged me 3 euros instead of £3, and given me a decent exchange rate in the bargain

I just get a nasty whiff come my way when O'Leary and Ryanair are mentioned. :D

Sanji
I just get a nasty whiff come my way when O'Leary and Ryanair are mentioned

I think a lot of people feel the same Sanji ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.