Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It will be a long journey by bus to palma from sa coma, it takes 45 mins by taxi to get the airport which is before palma. I think you could double that time by bus, not sure if you can get a bus directly to palma. A taxi would cost £100 return, if you want a more lively resort to visit cala millor is 2 mins in a taxi. You will find plently of lively bars and night clubs.

A hire would be cheaper than a taxi and its not a bad journey, hour to palma and a hour and 20 mins to magaluf

Mike
There are also major roadworks on the road between Manacor and Palma so this will also delay your journey. I went to Sa Coma 3 weeks ago and drove to Magalluf and it took about 1hr 15mins in the car, so expect to more than double that by bus. There is a train however that runs from Manacor from Palma though I dont know how much it costs.
You might be better hiring a car. We hired one from sa coma for one day for 35euros....a five seater.
re
Its not worth the bother. When i went, the transfer coach took 1hour 45 minutes :shock:
Chris

Have you considered booking a room for the night? As has been said, it's not easy to get about by Public transport late at night, and I guess you'd like to take a drink or two, so a Hire Car might not be a good idea.

Sol Hotels (INVALID URL have hotels in both Magalluf and Palma Nova, and you can book a double room for one night only on the internet. That way you could take your time getting there, have a good night out, and travel back the next day. I bet it would be cheaper than a taxi.

Cheers

Adam
Hi
I was in Sa Coma a few weeks ago,there is a bus that goes to Palma it goes from the stop by Juans Steak House andcosts 7.5 euro.The cost of a taxi is 90euro as someone from our hotel went by taxi but agree a price with the driver.
Doreen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.