Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Safety
4 Posts
Sharm is a very safe place, possibly dare i say safer than some UK cities and towns. Security policeman patrol around Sharm in designated areas. It is safe to even walk around on your own if you wanted to. As for bombs, its very rare if the terrorists strike the same place twice. I have been going virtually twice a year since 2005 and never witnessed anything.

Enjoy your holiday Egypt is wonderful and lovely people ;)

Michelle x
Nobody can guarantee you will be safe from terrorist activity whether at home in the UK or abroad whether it be London, New York, Spain, Turkey, Bali, India or Egypt to name a few places where there have been major terrorist incidents.

However, I have been to Egypt 11 times in 4 years (the first time being 10 days after the bombings at Taba Hilton) and am going again in July. Although very small level crime exists eg swopping notes in a taxi so you pay more than you should, crime as a whole is VERY low. I can honestly say that I feel MUCH safer in Egypt than I do anywhere in the UK!

Regards, Caro
Hi I go 6 times a year so that says it all really! Wherever you go in the world there is a terrorist risk. We were sat at Gatwick the year the London bomb went off and was flying back from Sharm when the one went off in Naama. They have tightened up the security.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.