Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
SAGA airlines
45 Posts
raymondj40,

I've no personal experience with them, but from all accounts, they are just your average charter airline and on a level with Onur Air. Where are you flying from? I believe some passengers originally booked with Viking are now with this carrier from certain airports. Their flight from Manchester (SGX6201/2) the other week was subbed out to Amsterdam Airlines (Airbus A320-200) and Viking (737-800) last week! You'll find company details on SAGA Airlines website.

Darren
Darren, we are flying from Aberdeen, and I think we are landing at either Glasgow or Edinburgh to take on a full load of fuel(since the Aberdeen runway has not been extended yet...) and probably to pick up passengers as well. We flew to Dalaman from Aberdeen 2 years ago with another Turkish airline and did the same regarding fuel and passengers, and had no problems or complaints about their aircraft or service. Just curious to see if anyone had flown with SAGA to try and get a heads up on what to expect
RJ
raymondj40,

Have you got your flight numbers yet - SGX7102/1? I believe your flights are operated by their new Boeing 737-800; TC-SGH (chartered by Scot Travel). They'll have 189 seat onboard configured 3-3 with 28/29" seat pitch but if they have the slimline Recaro seats, it'll feel more like 30". I wouldn't expect any IFE.

Darren
Viking Airlines and Saga airlines seem to have some sort of agreement whereby Viking will base one of their 737-800s in Turkey for part of the week and operate it for Saga, which is why last weeks Manchester flight was operated by a Viking aircraft! As Saga have a timetable for 2 aircraft with flights from both Bodrum and Dalaman but only 1 aircraft to operate these flights, having a Viking 737 helps to explain things (I think)

Also if you look at the timetable on the Viking website, it shows all of the flights that Saga are meant to be operating so you may well be on a Viking aircraft. It all seems to be very confusing :que

Hope this clarifies a few things
Sam
sam1993,

Someones been reading PPRuNE!!!! In the case of the ABZ flights, they are Scot Travel charters and operated by the new SAGA aircraft (as above). You'll notice they have the Scot Travel titles on the rear as a result. In the case on MAN and NCL, you read correct!

Darren
Dazbo,
Dont mean to be too :offtop but I was the one that first posted the information on PPRuNE on the Newcastle forum!
I also believe that some of the flights to/from Bodrum are operated on behalf of Goldtrail so will these flights be operated by the Saga aircraft or is this aircraft designated to Scottravel flights only?

Sam
Many thanks guys, it has filled in some of the queries I had, and they have already stated that there is no IFE nor is there a meal option, but drinks and snacks may be purchased. No big deal for us, since our kids have never been a big fan of airline food in any case, and we always plan to take food for them, and now it seems us. The only downside these days is that you cannot take food or drink through security and are often faced with poor fare and selection as well as being pricey as well. Still, we are looking forward to getting back to Icmeler again and will grin and bear it......
raymondj40,

You can't take drinks through security, but if you wanted to take sandwiches for the flight, there's nothing to stop you.

Darren
:yikes oh dear my daughter and I had not flown with them before either..........at first we though it was part of the over 50 holiday group. Our original flights were cancelled and we were put on these. We had delays each way, 2hr30 going and 4hr 30 returning.We was offered 'at half price' extra legroom which we paid for in Gatwick, the outbound was honoured however the in bound wasnt so am trying to obtain refunds (of which I hold out little hope) :que The planes were clean however and the staff ok, little information given as to the delays and as the return flight ment 2.45am transfer pick-up then the flight was suppose to be 6.30am and we didnt fly until 11am you can imagine how shattered and miserable we all were. :cry Have a great time tho, if its turkey your going to it totally scorching at the mo . :sun2 .................and we came back to rain and cold wind :(ÂÂÂ
Can anyone please give assistance on the procedure I have to go through in order to claim back the extra legroomfee we paid which wasn't honoured. :(
At Gatwick30/5/09 was offered halp price deal on legroon on a Saga Airlines flight we took to Bodrum. We was paying the £30 requested for the outbound flight when asked whether we would like the in bound also. Wanting to spend my holliday money in Turkey I said no, however my daughter said Yes please and I will pay. So in total we paid £60.
The outbound was honoured all ok, however the in bound wasnt and it is for this reason I wish a refund.
I have emailed the airline concerned and was wondering if there was anything else I could do as I havent recieved and acnowledgement etc
Thank you all in advance,
:tup
eddengenes,

I would contact whoever you booked your holiday with and raise the issue with them. It is them who have chartered the aircraft so they should be able to raise it with the airline on your behalf.

Darren
Thank you for your rapid response, I have emailed and will post the outcome as and when it is resolved xx ;)
When you chaps refer to Scot Travel having the charter - is that the one that went bump ?

John
yep thats the one that went bust.
Viking and Saga aren't the same airline, although some Viking flights are sub-chartered and operated by Saga. I've not heard anything about them going under and have flight logs on the system for them up until 22nd June, but nothing after that. There's nothing in the aviation news about them ceasing flights as yet.

Darren
That's what i thought. I could not understand why it wasn't reported elsewhere. Glad its not another gone.
Marg
Does any of the experts know if this airline is flying to Dalaman from Newcastle airport, been talking to someone who are booked on a flight in september but whent hey have been checking newcastle airport website it is showing any SAGA flights going out or comeing in.

Thanks
Steve
salford_steve,

Do you know what their flight numbers are? Saga are used on some charters using TC-SGH (737-800). This was originally for Scot Travel, but they went under earlier this year. I believe they are still running flights though and have a deal with Viking to operate some flights.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.