Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Michael

i really wouldn't recomend this for a pregnent woman. You spend an awful long time on the coach, and somethimes it's quite bumpy. the best part of the trip is going up into the mountains in 4x4 jeeps - and this is very bumpy, and quite scary........

kev
Kev is absolutely right Michael. It is a great trip but very tiring and bumpy. Also bear in mind that it is extremely hot at this time of year. Depending on how your partner feels, it might be worth considering doing a few trips independently of the rep, as that way you can go at your own pace and stop when you feel like it. You only have a week and although it is great to see something of the country whilst you are there, rest and relaxation will no doubt be high on your agenda. Monastir is well worth a visit, both for the wonderful mausoleum of the late president and for the harbour and medina. You can get a train from Sousse - the metro is just past the port at Sousse. Tunis is also easy to get to on the train, but don't travel in the rush hour as it makes the Northern Line look like a picnic. :yikes Transport is extremely cheap, including taxis, though you need to haggle and agree a price on these. Greet the driver in Arabic (aslemma means hello) say where you want to go then 'kadesh?' (how much?) Whatever he says your answer is 'la, ghali barcha' (no, too much). Knock quite a bit off and you will usually get a decent price. Walk away if it's still too much and find another taxi as there are always plenty about. Incidentally the tuktuks (little mauve things) or the Noddy Train are extremely cheap and good fun but also very bumpy and your partner will probably find the taxis much more comfortable. Have a lovely holiday.
thanks for the response :tup

Think i'll give that excursion a miss... cant wait, just over a week to go now :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.