Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi...amys266...I took my lad and his friend out for his 16th birthday....they loved it...they both still go on about it....say best birthday ever,,

It depends on what kind of young people you are....do you like messing on the beach....waterparks ...theme parks.....then its for you....there a quite a few clubs....not been in them myself...but my lad looks 18 and acts like it...and they had a good night out .....I did a DIY ...was really cheap
I call Salou ther Blackpool of Spain. I think it is very geared up for young people but equally the hotels on the outskirts of Salou, are very suitable for families, needing to be out of the noise.
I am going to Salou for the fourth time this summer with my husband and two sons who will be weeks off their 18th and 21st Birthdays, and they love Salou for the nightlife. Myself and my husband do our own thing, and my sons do theirs - finding a good bar / club!
I think the current administration that are in charge of Salou are keen to get Salou firmly back to a family resort and so I can see a crackdown on noise etc. in the pipeline.

Salou has never been a San Antonio or Magaluf and it seems they want to stop it now before it does!

Personally I think Salou is better for families than young people as many young people would find the nightlife albeit lively, too tame.

Mark :cheers
I think Salou has something for everyone, we went last year for a few days with our friends and we were in all the bars until 3 and 4 in the morning, really good nights out

we have also been for with kids and had a good holiday

we are going in 10 days and taking my 80 yr old dad and i think he will love it too

hope this helps
Salou has a good mix of nightlife and family life. It's not and never will be a Magaluf but it is good if you are slightly older and still want to visit a few bars or clubs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.