Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I am sure someone mentioned they had closed when we were in Malta in December.
We were there 2 weeks ago and they are both closed, an ex employee said there was talk of 1 of them re-opening but I will keep you posted. If you like the area the Topaz has good bargains and we usually stay there
Many thanks. We liked staying there as they had Hopleaf as an all inclusive drink!

Anyone know of others hotels where they serve Hopleaf (all inclusive or chargeable)? We have stayed in some and they only have Blue Label - which is nice but not as nice as Hopleaf!

Thanks
Hi sedge,

All inclusive draught Hopleaf & Cisk at the Coastline. Also available for all non AI guests (if they pay of course!). It's one of the major reasons I like to stay there as my mate Sliema2 well knows.

While we're on the subject does anyone know of any other hotels that serve draught Hopleaf as a norm, AI or otherwise? I really got pig sick of the fizzy John Bull bitter :cry they served AI at the Fortina. Mind you that was some years ago now so that might have changed by now. In any case Tony's Bar is just down the road so when I was there I made sure I had my daily dose of Hopleaf!!!! :tup

Draught Hopleaf - pure nectar! Hic!! :glynis

Trev
Thanks Trev

Is the Coastline the one that is a distance out of town?

Thanks
sedge,

Sounds like that's the one. The Coastline is situated on the inland side of main coast road on the bend that takes you to the salt pans. You can't miss it since they usually have flags flying outside. :tup

Hope this helps,

Trev
Hi Trev hic indeed mate, yes I am aware of your ongoing love affair with Hopleaf, I'm quite partial to a drop myself, although I will be having a nice bottle of Guinness later to celebrate St Patrick's day chin chin everyone :glynis

Regards
Sliema2
sedge,

Forgot to mention that The Coastline also serve genuine Kinnie as opposed to that cheap Crest muck that some outlets serve you when you ask for Kinnie. I do wish they'd stop doing that :banghead: especially since I don't drink and drive :angel2 and Kinnie to me is a decent soft drink that I really enjoy when I'm out and about driving during the day!

Sliema2, Bejabers great minds think alike. Oi'll also be having a couple of Guinneses tonight - to be sure, to be sure!! :glynis

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.