Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi,

If it helps......The Fariones Playa is rated No. 8 and the San An No. 11 from 66 hotels in PDC on TA :tup

Not a lot in it really and there are lots of recent reviews on there HERE
One thing to consider is the location. The Los Fariones is right in the centre of town, not far from the popular harbour area. The main beach of the resort is on the doorstep.
The San Antonio is way out on the edge of the resort, at least 45 mins walk to the harbour area. The beach at the rear of the hotel is rocky and the sea almost inaccessible, although the Los Pocillos beach is about 500 metres away. There is a small selection of shops and restaurants at Matagorda, about 1 Km away. Other than that, start walking into town.
Both hotels look very nice, as they should do being 4*.
It kinda seems that for location Fariones is winning me over. Has anyone stayed in the Fariones Playa recently?
Note that the Fariones is made up of two buildings adjacent to each other. One is the Hotel and the other the Suite Apart/Hotel. As I recall (not certain) it's the suite hotel that gives direct access to the beach from the pool complex, you might want to check that if it's important to you. In any event the other building is only just across the road from the same main beach. Never stayed in either but been in both for drinks and the entertainment and both are magnificent inside. From conversations they have many repeat customers year after year, so I can only assume it's pretty good.
Apologies if you've done this already but if you Google... Los Fariones Lanzarote ...you'll get loads of info.
We stayed in the Fariones Playa a couple of years ago. the hotel is in a very good location, near to all the night life. I think we were half board and the food (buffet style) was fine. The only gripe when we were there was the carpets in most corridors were badly stained and rippled. (proberly water damaged)
I trust they have since been replaced.
We were in PDC last week and stayed up the other end of town in an apartment. We really enjoyed it . We heard good reports about the San Antonio but it was about another half mile further along the strip from where we were staying. A bit to far out for us but there again we now prefer to stay in an apartment as it gives us far more flexibility as to where we eat and drink.
Each to there own.
Thanks to everyone for all your help. I booked suitehotel fariones playa in the end.. Cant wait!!
Thanks a million, any tips on nice places to eat in the area?
You'll find hundreds of restaurants in the strip in front of the hotel and in the harbour area. Chinese, Indian, Italian, Tex-Mex, etc, etc...and even some Spanish.
The only points I would make are,

its certainly not 500 metres from the San Antonio to the beach, more like 200.
There is a small shopping centre opposite complete with a English
bookshop and the start of the strip is only about 5 minutes walk away

At the Fariones hotel the only downside would be parking a hire car or any car for
that matter can be a challenge. A plus point ia the nice private beach behind the hotel.

cheers
Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.