Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
san antonio
7 Posts
less than a five minute walk away.but depends were your hotel is.its a long street you see.you can get little ferry boats to take you in to san an.but a walk is nice and maybe a taxi back.send you a map ok.which hotel or atps have you founded thats cheap
There is also the bus that 'loops' from San An bus station all the way along the bay and back again.
Think it's the 2, 5 and 6 depending how far along the bay you want to go.
The Discobus runs hourly during most of the night as well.

http://www.ibizabus.com/index.html

They travel FROM town along the one way street closest to the beach and then BACK along the 'TOP' road.

John
The bay area extends all the way round towards Port Des Torrent. It IS NOT a 5 minute walk from this end of the bay - from here it's about 2.5 miles to town, a decent 45 walk or 5 minutes in a taxi.

We stayed at the Marvell last year which is at the far end and to be honest it's an ok walk but we'd either walk in and then get the water taxi back or vice versa. Not sure you'd walk it both ways every night ??
you know what i mean.like i noted depends which hotel your staying in.if your at top end.but if your at bottem end.then a very good walk taxi or bus.but don;t forget its a one way system.
djwoody wrote:
you know what i mean

Yes, i did know what you meant but only because I've been to Ibiza a lot and stayed around all parts of the bay area - the OP might not know and if they book somewhere at the middle or far end of the bay expecting a 5 min walk into town they'd have a rude awakening :que

I'm not trying to be pedantic with you - just making it clear that the Bay is quite large and whilst the top end is only 5 min walk to town, the bottom end is 45-50 mins ;)
Which accomodation are they looking at? Someone might know where it is. When we went to the bay, we were just on the beach at the curve, so it was a lovely walk in, although we did catch the water ferry as well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.