Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
san eloy
28 Posts
I think Thomsons Holidays offer the San Eloy for 2006, I have considered it for us but have read that its a fair way from town and dont know how that would work out as we will have our grand-daughters with us and they like to got to the beach all the time. Have you been before to the San Eloy?
we went 2 years ago if you want to pm me i will answer any questions you want
Perhaps it would be better to post the information on the boards for the benefit of all members.

luci :wave
no problems, anyone any questions and i will be happy to help.
went for a week last august and had a great time. just me and daughter. we met so many lovely people and made boat loads of friends that we keep in touch with. lots of them go there every year, and they have rebooked for theis summer. we want to go too, but can't find the holiday as a package. only thomsons seem to offer this place and all dates from all airports are full for beginning of aug???

any ideas anyone??? 8)
Hi Orb, welcome to HT! :wave

If you'd like to post a review for the hotel, you may do so HERE.

Many thanks.

Pippy :D
i am pretty confident you can book direct
hi to you ..caroline.. :wave ..we stayed at the san eloy about three years ago,good points, a. nice big rooms cleaned every day,b. food plenty of choice and hot,c.entertainment on best part of the day,d.nice pool and plenty of sun-loungers all around,e.courtsey bus into resort centre at frequent times,.......bad points,a.about two miles from resort centre,b.bus finishes at about ten,c.bar gets very crowded,difficult to get served at peak times,d.bar snacks i was not too impressed,e. i think the bar staff had forgotten how to smile.(unless you tipped them frequently).....would i return...not sure ,certainly more good points than bad....regards...johndoe....p.s if you can get a good deal then go for it, we travelled with thompson holidays.... :)
going to tossa in june this year stoppng at the san eloy any reports on this hotel ? most i have seen have been pretty good :lol:
*Edit. Merged with existing topic :wink: . Pippy*
ahhhhhhhh didnt see this thread :oops: :lol: ignore my last post

heres a link to a video of the hotel too not sure if its allready on here ?

http://easylink.playstream.com/tuiuk/asset/v00/261/317.wvx
ahhhhhhhh didnt see this thread

No problem, that's what mods are for :wink:
hi pete,

went to san eloy last august - just me and my daughter. loved it. so much for her to do i never saw her so had a lovely time chilling and tanning. plenty to do for parents too if you like tennis, five a side, volley ball etc. games all day long.
restaurant quite small but never starved. snack bar excellent - chips burgers etc all cooked fresh on demand. it's out of Tossa but hourly bus gets you there in 10 mins - or you can walk in about 35 mins - and it's a nice walk.
trying to book to go back for 2 wks this year but can't get a booking, so definately popular.
Hi there,

If anyone has stayed at this A/I hotel, can you please advise whether the apartments have kitchen facilities i.e. fridge, microwave / hot plates etc. as we will be taking a 6 month old baby for a weeks holiday this July and obviously need to sterilise / heat up bottles etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciatd.

Bex :wave
EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
hi bex ... :wave we where there a couple of years ago and they did not then,could always ask at the resturaunt to sort things for you...regards..johndoe... :)
hi there

could anyone give me an updated version of what its like here, i am due to go with my husband and son on june 20th
We too are looking at this for later. The reviews are good the price is low compared to a lot of others we have seen. The whole thing rests on the kids entertainment. We have three aged 9.7.3 and to be honest its nice to have them off our hands for periods of time. Previously we have used first choice and their bugs bunny clubs which have been great. Can anyone who has previously been to San eloy tell me what the kids club got up to, eg is it off for half and hour doing ball games or is it a more formal club? Will they take the youngest one?

Sorry but the brochure is hasy on all this. I phoned hotel direct but reps don't turn up till next week.

Thanks
i may be wrong but thomsons have withdrawn their kids clubs in the evening they used to do a mini disco and then the hotel had an entertainments team which was pretty similar to most places take it for what it is.
Have booked a weeks holiday at the San Eloy for the first week of July (3½ weeks to go!!!) 8)

Have read previous reviews for this hotel for last year, which all seem favourable but has anyone been there yet this season? If so would welcome any comments / views on accommodation, entertainment, food etc.

Thanks.

Becky
We are booked in (independantly) to San Eloy at the end of May and would appreciate it if someone could answer these points:

1. As it is used as an "All-Inclusive" centre, will I be able to buy a breakfast and drinks? How are all-inclusive guests identified?

2. Is there a shop selling food and drinks? What are the prices like?

3. We are having a one bedroom apartment. Is there a bath tub - or just a stand in shower?

4. Will we be able to use the shuttle bus and will it be free to us?

5. Any tips?

*Edit email removed for members protection from spam - Glynis*
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.