Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
San Stefanos
12 Posts
I can't help you, I have just looked at this map, and I am confused as well now :shrug

http://www.corfudirect.f9.co.uk/ncorfmap1.gif

Do you know the name of your accommodation ?
maybe im wrong but i didnt think that direct holidays did holidays to San stefanos?
My mistake, its Direct Greece
San Stefanos is on the west of the island ...lovely sunsets...

Where are you staying??
I think the British refer to San Stefanos as the one on the west coast and Agios Stefanos as the one on the east coast. I think anyway. Let us know where you are staying and we will let you know for sure.

Jules
I am staying at the Villa Petros. The Direct Greece brochure refers to the resort as San Stefanos, but the description puts in on the East coast near Kalami.
Have taken a look and the San Stefanos you will be going to is the one on the east coast.

you can see the resort area on the right side of this map, just below Kassiopi -

http://www.corfudirect.f9.co.uk/ncorfmap1.gif

Hope this has cleared it up.

Graham
Thanks for that. Anyone know any info about this version of San Stefanos?

Was rather looking forward to the other one after the reports I read!!!!
San and Agios are both different way of saying "saint" and are interchangeable - which is confusing - just to get a little bit more confusing there are two resorts called San/Ag/St Stefanos on Corfu - as you've already worked out, one on the North West Coast and the other on the North East.

We went to the North East Ag Stef in May and loved it so much we're going back in October.

It's a tiny village in a beautiful bay with great views over to Albania. It's an exceptionally friendly little place with four tavernas, and a couple of bars and couple of supermarkets.

The only down side is that there isn't much of a beach - Kalami and Karassia are close by, but all the beaches on this stretch of coast are pebble.

If you're looking for more banging nightlife there's plenty in Kassiopi, which is a 15 minute drive away. If you're looking for peace and relaxation in beautiful surroundings then you've chosen very well - enjoy.

and check-out:

http://www.agni.gr/
Hi! We have just returned from San Stefanos It's in the n/west of the island about 15mins by bus from Sidari. We loved the village there are a few bars and resurants in the village. We tried a few and didn't have a bad meal at any. Would recomend the Condor + The Olive Press And the Zorba for food. The people are vey friendly and no hassle.
Hi Briann

sorry you had to come back to this awfall weather, glad to hear you had a good time, When you have time PLEASE Post your reviews in the hotel and resort forums

thanks

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.