Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi welcome to HT have you looked at the members reviews in the hotel review forum ALGARVE section

wizard
Hi wizard,

Thanks for reply and yes had a look at that but only a couple of reports for 06. Will wait and see if anybody who has stayed their get's in touch.

Thanks Again
Hi Chazer

When are you going there? We go there middle of September and I will write a review when we get back. Have not been able to find many 2006 report on it either.
Ailsa
Chazer have you tried http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk there are normally lots of reveiws on this website. Cheers Jayjan
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the replies. Ailsa we are going on the 24th September, what dates are you going.

Thanks

Chazer
Hi Again,

Does anybody have a link for a street map of where the Hotels are in the
Praia Da Oura Area. Trying to find a street map to see where we are and other Hotel's are.

Thanks

Chazer
Chazer,
Try http://www.albufeira.com There's an interactive map facility on the site.Whether or not it's detailed enough for what you want, I don't know, but it's worth a try.
I'm not sure if this will show your hotel, but it does show the area of Praia d'Oura and the Montechoro area (strip). You might find it handy for restaurants/bars aswell as hotels.

http://www.freemaps.net/en/downloads/montechoro.pdf

HTH

P.S. We stayed in Praia d'Oura a few years ago, and we enjoyed many a good meal in "The Sizzling Stone" restaurant, just up from the beach near the round-about. We were also recommended to visit "Tres Palmeras" which is on the road that takes you to Kiss nightclub afaik. We were sorry we never got to that restaurant as it is supposed to be very very good (probably not the cheapest, but worth it for a special night).
Hi,

Thanks Anniek for that it will help to start with.Just trying to find out where Apartments are before we go. Still NO luck.Not 100% sure which area to look.

Thanks
Chazer
Hi Chazer,

As far as I know, Santa Eulalia, is just beyond Praia d'Oura, and if you see on the map I posted, the road off the roundabout to the right, at the end of the map (by the beach), there is an arrow, pointing to Olhos de Agua, well I think that's the road that takes you to Santa Eulalia too. We went on a tour to Cape St. Vincent, from Vilamoura. We had to pick up people in Praia d'Oura, and I am nearly certain we passed through the area of Santa Eulalia (as I saw a hotel with that name on it) just before we arrived in Praia d'Oura. I hope this info is correct (I'm nearly 100% it is) , but I'm sure there'll be someone on this site, who will know for sure :wink:

Hope you have a great holiday 8)
Chazer,
Not 100% sure but I think it might be the one which is just along and across the road from the front entrance to Clube Praia D'oura?
If it is there, you are probably only a 10-15 min walk to the strip area and same again to the old town.
Pat
:glynis
Hi Chazer, have a look at this link (you'll have to expand it, it's tiny :shock: :lol: ) and you'll see Santa Eulalia is just too the west of Praia d'Oura

http://www.algarve-info.com/images/detailed-algarve-map.jpg
There are a few apartments/hotels round about the area of CPO all with Santa Eulalia of some description in the name.
Rest assured that you will not be in the "sticks" and should be near enough to most things that you will need.
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat,

Cheers for the info. I will check with my maps to find the Clube Praia D'oura and take it from their. Think it could be that as it is 10/15 mins from the strip and 20 from beach.

Thanks Again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.