Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just heard this myself, good news for you ladies, bad news for my wallet :duh
yessssssssssssss fly out monday love it!!!!!!!!!!!
hey thats good news katiep is it going back to being very week? did anyone go??
chilly
Hi Chilly, the first one is tonight I believe but I don't know if it's going to be every week. I hope so as I haven't been to a night market since last April.
hi katiep will be in goa nxt sat.do you know if mackies nite market is on?
manxcat
  • Edited by Fiona 2009-02-28 21:17:59
    to remove text speak
Reports say they have not had one all season and doesn't look to be one either, but if Ingo's is on then you never know..
Don't know if it was down to land problems or rent ? shame really as I like this place as much as Ingo's.
Spike.
last ones i went to were in Nov katiep.... they had 2 then they all stopped :(
Did it happen?
Was Ingo's or Mackies up and running last night? Fizz
Hi Chilly, the two they had in November happened after we left :cry
Did anyone go? we have missed them all :think
jan x
Hi Chilly, the two they had in November happened after we left

:duh i thought you were still here Katiep!! wondered why we hadnt seen you at the rest of the meets :rofl
chilly
We can't all stay as long as you, you lucky thing. We were there November then Christmas and are back for our last time this season on Easter Sunday. :sun2
Posted this last night, but by this morning it had disappeared, so will try again. (cant see anything contraversial in it, innit?)

The question has been asked on this thread many times.........

Did anybody go to the Market, and what was it like?

Surely somebody on here did and can give a little report-ette?
I left Goa on the 21st February and there were no markets for a month prior to this time.All are cancelled and there was no indication of them starting up.

Ingoes market was on the last 2 weeks of November 2008, and they were as normal, very busy lots of traders and lots of customers.I believe they stopped in December.No one mentioned Mackies.

I hope that answers you question johnny five. :wave: :wave:
Thanks for your efforts Rokerender but not really I'm afraid!

There is no question as to whether the market happened last Saturday, it definitely did.

Although I live (or try to?) in Goa, I am nowhere near tourist areas to ask what it was like face to face, assuming I couldfind someone who was there, so was hoping that someone who went would post a report on here as to what it was like, so I could decide whether to make the effort and go next week? (when it is also definitely on again, according to local info)

In view of the very low tourist numbers and how late in the season it is (plus friends who sell at Anjuna on Wednesdays report very good sales since Christmas as that market has had a monopoly) I am wondering how many traders/punters bothered with this one.

Also Ingo has had nothing to do with the night market at all this season, it is being run by the owner of the land. Ingo has been seen several times in deep discussion with Mackie, even though they were at each others throats before. Mackies has not been open at all but the site was cleaned a couple of weeks back raising hopes. All that happened was a big party, with loud music till the early hours, was held by a local big-wig. No market. Ingo has reverted to his plans for a major leisure complex, as touted a few years back, supposedly on land somewhere in the Anjuna area. This was all revealed in an interview with a local paper before Christmas.

So as you can see, all I need to know is what the market was like last Saturday (please)
sorry Johnny didnt go.... but can i ask you..are you absolutely sure it is on this coming saturday? as i dont wish to waste time and effort if not...
thanks
Chilly
Everyone I ask is saying it is on again on Saturday, but none of them went last week!
Will be passing the site tomorrow so will see if I can find anything out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.