America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Babs, that is a truly tough choice. Savannah is a bit closer if you are driving. Both cities provide an insight into the ante bellum South. I might suggest Savannah first. Book a bed and breakfast downtown. Plan a walking tour of the town squares and parks. You might also want to read "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" before going.
Don't miss these restaurants if you're in Savannah- (1)The Lady and Sons and (2)Mrs Wilkes.
Southern Cooking.
Also if you are driving then stop at any Cracker Barrel restaurant.... yumm.. each restaurant has a country store attached- you have to walk thru the shop to get to the restaurant. Good shopping and great food.
Well we are going to Savannah in March also, so it will be too late to give you an opinion. Heard very very good things though and the food is going to be to die for apparently!!!!
Lady and Sons restaurant is a must visit. Founded by Paula Dean who became agoraphobic when her husband left her, she needed a way to support her and her sons while confined in her house. So she turned to her family recipes and began to sell bag lunches from her home. Her food became so popular that she opened a restaurant and finally overcame her agoraphobia. A wonderful ending and an outstanding addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. Make sure you order the fried green tomatoes while you're there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.