General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Saver bargains
12 Posts
I love Savers and they are the discount brand of Superdrug.
We have had one for years and I go every week.
They sell sun protection products at low prices.
I buy my washing powder from here and most things on their leaflet that are a bargain. :tup
We've had Savers for a long time too. :tup The plug ins you mention are a very good buy, :tup I haven't been in there for a while.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Remember sun protection is VERY important, so please read this link and then decide if you think it is worth buying certain low priced products.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/the-cream-of-the-crop-which-survey-finds-some-sun-creams-falling-short-in-the-protection-stakes-9380267.html

Surely the article says the opposite. The ones that failed were the expensive branded products and the ones that passed included all the budget brands!
:think No, Just read it again and the ones that failed are these cheap brands that are on offer at Savers and other shops -

Hawaiian Tropic
Malibu
Piz Buin
One of the cheapest brands came out top in a survey last week and it is Aldis own brand at £2.75.
My friend is in Turkey at the moment and is using it as she has basel cell carcinoma and finding it really good although she doesnt sit in the sun.
The reason the brands are cheap at Savers is because its a discount shop,Piz Buin is expensive in other shops.The one tested was the Ultra light lotion not the regular one.
I use NO-AD which is only £2.99 but its made in Florida and available in high factors.
The way I read the article is that Piz Buin which is an expensive cream failed whereas Calypso Sun Lotion (250ml) – the cheapest product at £1.20 per 100ml - passed both British Standard tests.

The article stated that the more expensive creams did not guarantee better protection.
I don't know if anybody uses that popular German Caffeine Shampoo which is £5.99 in Boots for 250ml, Savers have a different brand of caffeine shampoo at £1.99 for 300ml.
Why would you want your hair to be wide awake?
All the better to make it grow!

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.