Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I do not know how the pricing works but i have found i've got the best deals by signing upto all the major carriers for their offers to be E-mailed to me. They all have a New Year sale and for the past few years i have found the best prices are if you book in January.(but no changes and pay then and there) American Airlines did Heathrow to New York for £533 for two adult seats at nearly all dates for the year. British Airways did £620 for two the previous year. The same price will usually be quoted about 10 days before the flight but it might be full or choice will be limited and you won't be able to prebook your seat or check in on line.
Thanks for the suggestion John, I've signed up to airline network as I've noticed that they have special offers on - for instance they are now offering direct flights from MCR to NY with Delta for £243 for selected dates in Nov/Dec.
"a friend at work only paid £293 for a flight from Newcastle to JFK (via Brussels"

Yes but he was going via Brussels! If you want to change flights can be cheaper - flights via Amsteram are often cheaper than flights via Heathrow.

We booked flights last year Manchester -Newark - Las Vegas - Newark - Manchester and they were about £400. Booked in March for travel in September.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.