General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bristol Schools: 24th July to 3rd September
North Somerset: Same
Bath & NE Somerset: Same
South Gloucestershire: Same

These dates have been arranged because many families have children at school in more than one of the adjoining education authorities.
The Scottish schools all break up around the last weekend in June.
Wales - break up 21st July, & back on 2nd September. If you google your local council, you should be able to get your exact dates up.
Devon dates-break up 22nd July & back on 1st September.
Where I live, the secondary schools finish a week earlier (17 July) than the primary schools (24 July) because the secondary schools only have one week at Whit half-term (because of GCSEs) when the primary schools get two weeks.
However, the neighbouring local authority where we used to live and where my daughter still goes to school all finish the same week (17 July) because primary and secondary schools all just have one week for Whit half-term.
It depends where you live.
we live in warwickshire and my daughters primary school breaks up on fri 17th july
17 July in Essex, which seems like it is a week earlier than usual.
:wave:

Staffordshire close Tuesday the 21st July reopens Tuesday the 8th September.

pip
x
i live in Wales and work in school , we finish on friday 17 july
school reopens on wednesday 2 sept for children , we have teachers training on tuesday 1 sept
Thanks everyone.

We've decided to book for the 25th July. Managed to get a good deal on the price, being school holidays. Unlike a lot of people, we love to go when the schools are off, as everywhere is busier and has a better atmosphere. For the last few years, we've gone away the week before the schools break up and everywhere has been dead! We are 4 adults with no children, but love the sound of their laughter and having them around, it brightens the place up!

Roll on July!!
:D Jayne :D
Ah that's lovely, Jayne. Makes a change cos people usually moan about other people's kids :D . Gx
i have looked at my daughters schools website but it only gives the break up date for summer hols and not the date they would return in september.is thier a way of finding out. i've already booked my hols we return on the 2nd of sept i had it in my head that the school would be opening around the 5th of sept. she may end up missing a day or two if its as early as the 1st like some previous posts state.
If your daughter's school is run by the local authority, it should be on their website.
JayneCAFC wrote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, please feel free to move me if this is the case!

I'm trying to work out what dates to book my hols this year. I know the dates of school summer holidays vary across the country, so I was wondering when the "average" dates are for the schools breaking up?

I looked at my old school in Chislehurst in Kent, and that's the 16th July. My nephews in Chatham, Kent break up the 22nd July.

So, when does your children's/local school break up this summer?
:D Jayne :D

The best way is to go onto your local council website. It should have school term dates for 2009 and 2010.
Thanks Hi de Hi, but I already know when my local schools are off. I was asking when everyone else across the country breaks up :) :D Jayne :D
We live in Milton Keynes, Bucks. My son's school finish on Friday 17th July and I assumed my daughter would have the same holidays for her school and duly booked flights on the 17th. I now find that she actually finishes on Monday 20th ( :que ) and that son's school have a training day on the Monday. :(
here in derbyshire, mine break up on the 24 july
We are Northamptonshire- ours break up on the 17th July and aren't back until the 7th September- 7 weeks!! We're away for 2 but sorting out the other 5 around work will be a challenge.

Pam :cheers
Just looked back at the other posts- ours seem to be off far longer than most. I love the kids being off, but trying to organise 'care' when one will be 13 is going to be hard this year. Kids clubs only take upto 12!!
Pam, don't know how far north you are in Northants, but the Milton Keynes Council clubs go up to 14 years if its any help!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.