UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Staying in Stow, you've got most of the Borders within easy reach, so plenty of places to visit there - and Edinburgh is just a short drive up the A7 too, so you'll be spoiled for choice. What type of things do you normally llike to do or visit - family-type attractions, castles, etc? If you can give more of an idea what sort of things you're interested in, I can possibly make more specific suggestions for you.
My advice for anyone not knowing where to go in Scotland is to consider the area around Loch Tay - Callendar, Pitlochry etc. As it is in the centre of Scotland you can decide which way to head after you see the weather forecast!

East and West Coast are within reach, Glencoe, Trossachs, Loch Lomond, Queens View, Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Loch Katrine and for something different a day trip to Edinburgh by train.
Thanks both for replying.

We enjoy all sorts, walking, visiting places of interest, like castles, gardens, zoo's, anything really, at the moment I am into anything that has alot of history to it, as I'm researching my family tree and find the history behind things really interesting, we do like family attractions, but its cost wise because of the size of the family.

Helen x
Edinburgh has just reopened their Museum of Scotland which is free and is very good and interactive. The Museum of Childhood is nearby, and the People's Story and the brass rubbing centre's are worth a visit. A bus tour which usually leaves from the main road just up from the station would be good too. We have the zoo with giant panda's and Princes Street gardens can be lovely for a picnic.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.