Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Its clear blue water and no sea weed, if sea weed gets wahsed up after a storm it will be cleared away, in august sea temps around 81f. As for jelly fish it will just be case if they are problem this year or not. I have been to majorca 12 times and its only been the last few years there has been a problem, I was in majorca 2007 and they weren't a problem. Jelly fish are not native to the islands and move into the area from the eastern med if there hasn't been much fresh water run off into ther med from where snow has melted the mountains in spain and france making the water slightly warmer and saltier then normal.

The sea will be chilly in May not warmed up much and the weather is a bit hit and miss as well so early in the season.

Here is May for last year and you can look back for 7 years + by changing the year. The temps are taken at palma airport.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LEPA/2008/5/27/MonthlyHistory.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.