Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Pauline
Seem to remember spirits & mixers about £3.60 Bottle of wine in restaurant, from around £13 and coctails around £5 to £6, plus service charge, no charge for tea, coffee or water in restaurant, you do pay for bottled water, cant remember how much, we went New Year 08,
PS, drinks priced in dollars on board, so will vary according to sterling prices at the time! great ship.
Rob & Brenda
thanks for that. Drinks prices seem better than I expected. Any other info about d.i.y.trips would be appreciated. Did you fly Thomas Cook ? If so what was it like?
Hi Pauline, Re Thomas cook flight, we were upgraded to premium seats, cost approx £150 each return, for that you are in smaller cabin, about 40, got your personal TV and head set, champagne to start, & any drinks you want with meals, also own queue at check in & first on plane, having said that, two of our table mates New Year were in the main section and got exactly the same, presumably less leg room, as for DIY trips, suggest you get yourself (The Rough Guide to the Caribbean) roughguides.com
This book will give you loads of info on all the Islands, inc what taxi's no,s to look for, good basic advice, what to do, restaurants, costs etc etc, I always take a copy with me, having roughly planned what to do, you can usually just get off ship and the taxi drivers will aim to get groups of six or eight together who want to go to the same place, you all agree what time you want to go back to ship and driver will be there, taxi average 6usd to say local beach.
Hope thats helpfull
Brenda & Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.