France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Not spent a lot of time there but the cathedrals are spectacular especially the one on the top of the hill. It is like one cathedral built on top of another as the crypt underneath the main hall is bigger than most cathedrals.

If you have kids then Walabi theme park is worth a visit. Just to the North east of Lyon is the small town of Peruges. A walled hilltop town where they filmed several of the 3 musketeer movies.

Just to the South Vienne has loads of Roman remains and a little further south still Annonay is the town where the Montgolfier brothers built and launched their balloons making the first ever manned flight! There is a museum.
Sorry but I usually spend my time trying to get through the traffic jams as we drive through
Thanks a lot Hi De Hi, the cathedral sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to visit that. My two little ones will be joining me on the trip so the theme park should keep them occupied for a few hours at least! I'm going in a couple of days now so I just need to get packing. Thanks, Claire
Enjoy the trip. I agree with madcaravanner, if you are just passing through the traffic can be horrendous.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.