Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Local journalist Bill Bond told Sky News police had detonated a suspect package but after investigation found it to be empty.

"The police are now saying they did a controlled explosion," he said.

"And when they were able to open the box police found it was empty."

Let's not get too carried away with the spreading of fear. There's more risk of being blown up in the UK than here as the last couple of days has shown.
we went up there earlier and spoke to helen watson from the consul, basically it was an empty package but they had had warnings from eta

pictures from the airport
My family and me were caught up in this trying to fly back to glasgow - yes, on the same day the terrorist attack happened there too!
We were left out in sun for 3 hours, although we did get plenty of water and eventuallya parasol - we had a 3 year old with us - it was pretty awful, however, we'd obviously rather be safe than sorry, so no real moans.
We went to Ibiza from Birmingham that day.
We were held up on the plane for 2 1/2 hours but it wasn't to bad.
When we arrived in Ibiza you wouldn't have known anything had happended.
Our flight from Birmingham was for 3.00 pm we arrived at about 9.00.
When we came back on saturday one flight to Glasgow had been delayed from 4.10 am and it boared while we were there at about 7.00 pm :shock:
Getting back into Birmingham was worse.
First the dock was being used by another plane so we had to wait, then we had to queue for ages to get though passport control, then when we finaly got to the baggage reclaim some fool had put all the luggage on the belt and it had piled up and fell off onto the floor in a big pile.
Not one person was there to help. :x
I was one of the 1000s of people left standing in the heat on our arrival to Ibiza. I was on my own with 4 kids and it was not fun.

In the end we walked away from the airport and found a cab. We had a fab holiday after that though.
i don't imagine being involved in a bomb alert would be fun. however, what did you expect the authorities to do with you all in such a short notice period? organise buses for four thousand to a nice 5 star hotel?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.