Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thats why I still say its cheaper going and buying a package holiday with a fully bonded ABTA certificate.

Lisa :)
Sorry, but I've always found the opposite - people keep saying you can get a package cheaper than doing it all separately, but it's never worked out that way for me.
I think that it a combination of where you fly from and when.

You could well be right, Lisa - unfortunately, for those of us living north of the Border, there's never a CHEAP option!
I am not far from the border and have the same problem, either with flight times or price.

The flights are making both options expensive. There's not that much difference between package and diy, we probably wouldn't save anything at all (once we have added on transfers).

Which are the cheapest airlines that fly to Antalya (don't mind if its not direct - although not too many stops, as one flights I saw stopped at 4 different airports, and took 35 hours from UK to Antalya :yikes )? Looking to fly from any London or Midlands airport.
i think you would be pushed at £25 for 4 people for an evening meal and lunch snacks. we have just come back from a none tourist resort so its cheaper to eat out and for 3 of us we were spending around £20 for evening meals and thats only for a main course and 1 drink each and a bottle of water , unless you are talking about very basic food

in the resort we were staying at these were the following prices approx , we found side quite a bit dearer

casseroles 9-12 lira

steak 16- 20 lira

pizza 5-8 lira

beer 4 lira

sizzling chicken 12-15 lira

chicken salads 5-9 lira

gozleme 3-6 lira

fanta, sprite etc 2.5-3 lira

large bottle of water 2 lira

maybe someone that has recently been to side could give you an idea of the prices of food there

we have had good prices with easy jet this year, they fly from manchester and gatwick to dalaman though
We were having an evening meal for dh myself and dd - things like seabass, steaks with the trimmings, 2 beers, 2 vodkas, 2 soft drinks and it wasa coming between £20-£30 an evening. Very reasonable we thought. Breakfast were about £2-£3. Water worked out at 50p a bottle.
If there were only 3 of us going, we would consider Self Catering, as it might be possible to get meals for the price. However, it works out we would have to buy breakfast, daytime drinks, dinner and nighttime drinks for £25 for the 4 of us - each day. Don't think that is realistic.
I must admit, regardless of going to Turkey or not, self catering has always worked out dearer that B&B and HB.
Whilst its nice to have the freedom of an apartment or studio, I have found the accommodation works out alot more than a hotel room (under occupancy which does not count children).

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.