Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Did you visit Icmeler when you went to Marmaris? Its a lovely resort about 8kms from Marmaris and has a lovely wide bay and has a lovely beach path all along the beach front.It is also a flat resort so great for buggies!
There are some lovely hotels in the centre of the resort on the beach front.Further along the coast towards Marmaris there are also some nice 4 and 5 star hotels but these are about 1 and a half miles walk away.
Have you thought about Antalya.

There are a several hotels AI 5* hotels on Lara beach (which is a nice sandy beach).

The hotels are only 20 mins from the airport. There is not a great deal to do outside of the hotels but shopping centres and other attractions seem to opening all of the time.

You will be about 30mins by Dolmus from Antalya city. The Dolmus runs very frequently to and from the city.
I think Icmeler would suit but not sure about 5 * though . : I'm not sure Alan and Ashley would find the type of hotel they are looking for there . The Marti maybe ? .

I dont know anything about the Grand Azul only to say a lady I know stayed there last summer and loved it .

I'm assuming you are looking for something B+B/HB rather than A/I

would the 5* A/Is along the Antayla coast not be a bit isolated though Apollo. sounds like A+A are looking for something within walking distance at least of a resort.

How about looking for something around Side . We are heading to the Hemera in the summer . great reviews and within 20/25 min walking distance of side town but it is A/I . Im sure there must be some nice accomodation nearer to the town .
Lara could be a bit remote I suppose.

I was thinking; baby,relaxing holiday,not far from airport .
Dalyan, 25 mins from airport, plenty to do but very scenic and relaxing, some nice hotels and apartments
We did visit Ichmeler when we went to Marmaris and although its seamed quite quaint and pretty i was a bit put off by how quite it was. As much as i appreciate places not being over busy, when we were stopping for a drink or bite to eat we were the only ones in the place which felt a little uncomfortable. Thanks for mentioning though as if we do end up back in Marmaris then i'd probably give it another shot for the day .

I had a look at the hotels in Lara and they all look gorgeous but my dad would prefer (as lynwestie guessed) a none AI so we get out and about more so im thinking Lara beach would be a bit issolated.

Im off to google Side and Dalyan as ive not heard off either so thanks for that suggestion any more appreciated!!

Thanks All
When are you planning on going?
I was in Icmeler in October and it certainly wasnt quiet.It was just right as the weather was lovely,not too hot and all the restaurants were fairly busy.
I have been to Side and its not so easy as Icmeler to get around pushing a buggy.The resort is quite spread out with the better hotels a 30minutes walk west of the old town.
I would love to try Dalyan but the mosquitoes put me off. :rofl
I am trying Gumbet in May for the first time and I know I will be comparing it to Icmeler. :sun2
How about Fethiye and club Letoonia, totally fab hotel and Fethiye has so much around. I would have reccomended Hisaronu until I saw yr bit about 4* I dont know of any out that way. We didnt really like marmaris but everywhere else we have been in Turkey we have loved. good luck choosing, thats half the fun :D

hugs la x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.