Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi Gill :wave
Have you visited their website here :- http://www.ellada.net/mitsis/
This is their website:

http://www.mitsis-seritabeach.com/

and I also found these:
http://www.helsun.gr/hoteldetail.asp?regid=&pid=1843
http://www.directa.net/greece/creta/creserita.html

We stayed there for a week in July and had a great time. 8)
any more recent updates on this hotel?

I am concerned about the slippy steps as I am not nimble and one of the reasons I chose this htoel is that I saw cocnrete steps which looked managable into the small pool. Now I'm afrais I'll slip and look a right twit. :roll:

Also hope there are some Brits for my 12 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son to mix with

Replies eagerly awaited

Gill
I am due to go to this hotel in August 2005 with my husband and 7 year old son, can anyone tell me what the childrens entertainment is like?
We are staying at the Serita Beach Hotel, Annissaras in just over a weeks time. There are no current reviews to read has anybody been there this year what was it like etc. We are travelling with a 10 and 11 year old. Does anybody know if they have beach towels for around the pool don't want to carry more than necessary.

We have never been to Crete before and would love to hear about places to visit from this part of Crete.
Hi - just writing this on behalf of friends that went to the the Serita Beach in the last week of the season (18th - 25th Oct 05).
They were very unhappy about the lack of facilities available at the hotel during this week - alot of things were closed down/ no longer running, not all food & drinks were available, and that the hotel was being 'closed down' around them (they even got kicked out on the last day and transferred to another hotel to await their flight) etc.

If anyone had a similar experience at this hotel could you please confirm that this was the situation - as they are currently in the process of seeking compensation for what was effectively a second rate holiday, when they had paid full price.

Many thanks. :roll:
Hiya just back from two weeks with the family at this hotel if anyone wants info just ask.
We are thinking of booking a week there for the 17th Oct with Sunstar.
The price is £509 for the two of us AI. not including transfers as we would hire a car from the airport.
The reviews are very mixed as usual. I gather it is in the middle of nowhere
with not a very good beach.
Is the bar sevice ok or is it a bit of a bun fight as most AI seem to be.
Also are there rooms to avoid ie a long walk up steps with luggage.
What is the sunbed availability like.
All in all for £509 (£254.50 each) it seems a pretty good deal.

Ray Maher
Hi for the money you are paying it is good value,the service at the bar areas is pretty good,yes it is in middle of nowhere but thats what we wanted,the beach is a bit of shingle with a jetty into the sea,a few sunbeds & shade on jetty,we had to be out by 8in the morning to get sun beds but that was in august prob abit quieter when you are going.If you get a taxi from airport it should only take you between 15 & 20 mins to serita beach.Hope you have a great holiday.
I would be careful booking this hotel near the end of the season - some friends of mine went last October (with Sunstar) but were really annoyed to find that the hotel was only operating half of its facilities, food and drinks were constantly running out, they were packing stuff up around them as they relaxed by the pool and the final straw was that they had to transfer to another hotel on their last day. :evil:

They eventually got some compensation from the Company (discount off their next holiday) but only after several letters and phonecalls.

If you want a really good AI on Crete I would recommend the Iberostar Panorama / Creta Mare nearRethmynon. :D
Thanks for that. The Hotel is open for at least another week after we leave as it is half term.
2 years ago we went to the Mitsis Rhodos on half term week and found nothing wrong there.
I will look up your recomendation.

Cheers.
If you want a really good AI on Crete I would recommend the Iberostar Panorama / Creta Mare nearRethmynon.

We have had a look at your recommendation and read the reviews. Seems a really good Hotel.
We have booked a week 17th Oct at the Panorama in a superior room for
£770 AI (£385 each)
Can't wait now.
Wow - that is a great price ! - you will love it ! :D
Can anyone tell me if they have ever stayed at the Serita Beach hotel and if so what is it like? I have two children aged 9 and 11 and wonder what it has to offer?
Is there much near the hotel if we should fancy a wander? and of course what is the food like?
Look forward to my replies, Gilly
Hi Gilly ... we seem to have had 5 separate threads about this hotel, so I have merged them all together here so that you can find all previous comment in one place. You will also now find a link to the reviews page for this hotel earlier in the thread.

David :wave
Try the following links for hotel reviews

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk

The reports are written by people who have used the hotels
Our reviews are also written by our own users who have stayed at the hotel, and unlike that other site, most of them will also answer specific questions here in the forums .. please click here to read those reviews. :wink
David :wave
Can anyone tell me if they have ever stayed at the Serita Beach hotel and if so what is it like? I have two children aged 9 and 11 and wonder what it has to offer?
Is there much near the hotel if we should fancy a wander? and of course what is the food like?
Look forward to my replies, Gilly

We stayed in October for a week, a few days before the season ended.

For children it is alright, not as family friendly as some, there is kids entertainment though and kids entertainment in the evening and the Animation team work hard with them.

Just avoid Mario and his sales tactics :p Also Di Marco and Tony (the porter) were friendly, provided us bored teens with food late at night etc, very kind of them!

Down the road from the hotel, you can walk and there is a small cafe and then a massive hotel complex. We freely walked through here along the beaches which were nicer and helped ourselves to another hotels sunbeds in a quieter section. It was premonitely German, but huge and luxarious.

In the other direction to the West however I'm not sure. Apparently the beach was nicer that way too. There is a nice jetty outside the hotel which is good for relaxing on (be aware if it is stormy though, you'll get wet :P) while the sand is quite coarse and not that good.

At first sight food looked wonderfull. Lunch usually had the best food, breakfast got samey as did tea, and Greek Meatballs was on the menu most nights (and there horrible IMO). They do fresh pancakes though which is good and the salad range is very good along with breads etc.

Being end of the season I'm not sure what it'd be like in peak season, but it was very nice, warm still, nice famalies there and not too packed for bar etc. As a teen (well 17) I made alot of friends whom we've met with since, so bored teens are kept entertained, by well other bored teens!

Any more questions, PM me, because I'm not likely to check this thread :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.