Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Can't help on the rooms - sorry. But it's 25k from Hurghada airport to El Gouna - so, on a coach approx 35-40 mins door to door
We got good deal on flights and hotel through travelrepublic a month or so back, much better than THomas Cook prices.

We are arranging a taxi to pick up and take back through med.hotels, really inexpensive, cant remember the rate off the top of my head. There is also another site but got it written down at home.

Journey from airport approx 35 minutes.

I would advise booking taxi in advance as it is a bit of a rabble with taxis at the airport!!
Thanks for the replies.

We usually book through the usual tour operators on a package. Like to be sure we are Atol & Abta covered. Are Travel Republic the same sort of thing as Thompson and Thomas Cook? Sorry for my ignorance here.

I am having another problem. We would like to book a superior room with sea view as I am presuming that they will be the rooms with the open style balconies and the nice sun beds. Thomas Cook are not being very helpful. One peson said the room I was being quoted on was s superior sea view but another said it was a standard sea view room. Can any one give me any further guidance in this. Don't know if the quotes I am getting are competative or comparable or not.
Trish we booked with Thomas Cook for the Three Corners Ocean View in Feb. Got no joy trying to ask for superior room with balcony so decided to email the Hotel direct with dates,booking ref,names etc. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary while we were away & I mentioned this in the email. We got an amazing room, huge with balcony & great view so might be worth a try. I'm sure there must be some "celebration" that you could just let slip in your email ;) . Just to make you aware, Thomas Cook have a 15kg limit on luggage & are very strict with it so they will charge you even if only just over (lots of people on our flight were charged on the way out & more so on the return). Travel Republic will probably have more rooms to choose from as they are dealing direct with the Hotel where as Thomas Cook will have block booked their rooms in advance so will be limited to which rooms are available to them at the time of booking. Also might be worth looking at http://www.otbeach.com as well, I'm sure they are abta bonded.
Thanks for that. Thomas Cook are a pain. I have e-mailed the hotel already to confirm their room types. Hopefully that will get us started in the right direction. Thanks also for the other tour operator options. I will have a look.
Just checked & Travel republic do not appear to have the Sheraton on their website but http://www.otbeach.com/ do & seem to have a good choice of rooms available. Both company's are abta by the way. http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk/home.htm are another maybe worth looking at.
Thats really kind of you to look up those agens for me. I received a very quick reply from the hotel and they have advised the standard rooms are lagoon facing and their upgraded or superior rooms are the sea view rooms so quite straight forward really. We have been advised to go for the lagoon facing rooms as a bit more private but still a nice view. They are cheaper too so thats a result! Thank you for all your brilliant help.
Just thought I would let you know we have now booked for July next year. Settled on Thomas Cook as they price was right for us. Seems odd,not having gone on this years holiday yet. No doubt later on in the year I will have some more questions but in the mean time I shall enjoy popping in to see what is going on. Thank you every one for your help and information. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.