Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
shisha
4 Posts
hi there...i think you are referring to a Nargile or water pipe..they dont call them ShiÅŸa here..although its proabaly a turkish word for bottle which is ÅŸiÅŸe.and pronounced shishe...
yes they are popular in most plaes.
Like you i donrt smoke normally gave up twenty odd years ago because of bad health ,but when i go to turkey i cannot resist the odd half hour on the Hookah,it is so relaxing .You can still find it in the local bars in the back streets of most resorts ,but i go to the sun zeynep hotel in belek and they have one there set up in a big tent and you sit around in big cushions like sultans .There are loads of different flavours of shisha (tobacco)all mixed with fruit ,apple , mint ,strawberry,pineapple ,grape .I prefer the apple .lots of people at the hotel wont touch it as they think it is hashish or some other type of drug ,but once they are convinced it is only tobacco most of them love it. I think you will still be able to find it in turkey alright . :cheers

Bluepeterno1
thankyou for your replies, it is just a wonderful way to get to know the locals, and i really cannot wait to try turkish Hookah.We are going to altinkum, can anyone recommend an establishment close to here, will have to look up belek.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.