General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Personally I also feel low humidity. In low humidity you did not feel good full day
I occasionally get a shock on leaving a car if I touch the door but nothing like you're describing Fiona. 😱
Apparently it happens to lots of people in Las Vegas Fiona, due to the very dry air.
i hadn't had the twice before. I found out that clarting my hands with moisturiser stopped the shocks when touching things but my hair was still attracted to my comb:) Only found out about the moisturiser in time for my last few days.
I suffer with static electricity during the winter months when the heating is on all day and I don't go out much. My hair has a life of its own, but I read somewhere to stop using plastic combs/brushes and use a metal tooth comb or you can run a metal coat hanger slowly over your hair. ( the metal cheapo hangers that you usually get from the dry cleaners)

Another way to get rid of static from your hair is to wipe over it with one of those anti static thingies that you can put in your tumble dryer. ( I've not tried that)

It does work for your hair, I found an old metal wide toothed comb that I'd bought years ago for combing Sanji the cat. I'd never thrown it out just in case we ever got another cat, I gave it a good clean and I slowly put it through my hair when the static is building up.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-04-12 22:51:19
I will certainly try out those if I get that problem again. Hopefully not :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.