Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I'd say no! There's loads of interesting new areas of Thailand opening up for your Thailand fix. Samui just felt a bit tired and full when I was there 14 months ago. Chaweng was particularly grotty!

If you're tempted by Pranburi, have a look at the Aleenta - and i've heard great things about the areas further south of Pranburi around Chumphin, and then maybe head over to Samui/ Pha Ngan for a finale? I'm intrigued by the fact that Koh Pha Ngan has some nicer resorts open, as it's a pretty island with great beaches.... Heard rumours of an airport at some point too.

I am of course super-imposing what I want to do though so you could ignore my agenda!
well I haven't been recently but when we go back, I would definitely avoid Chaweng. I'm interested to see if Fishermans Village has changed drastically since we were there in 2004.
I felt that way about the place many years ago Sam, although Cheong Mon was pretty nice. We bypassed Koh Phangnan and went straight to Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan (which was spectacular) instead.

Airport... Koh Phangnan...is it big enough for a runway :)

Of course there's always Bali which we did not do justice on our first trip due to a bout of food poisoning.
well- of course I could recommend Bali- but thats a different forum :D

Airport... Koh Phangnan...is it big enough for a runway :)

Well, the government were about to start building a 2nd airport on Koh Samui until Bangkok Airways (who owned it) opened it up, and there are now 2 flights a day from Bangkok to Samui on Thai.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see Bangkok Airways looking for other opportunities!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.