Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
At the beginning of April we didn't bother and only mrs Ask got bitten during the day from something like a sand fly...(Pernera/Protaras)
I was thinking maybe we did'nt need it,but her in doors will probably end up going down to Boots.
Yes definately! I've had a couple of nasty bites on my past visits in early June. The last bite I did have though was about 6 years ago whilst on Nissi Beach during the day when obviously suncream was my priority not mossie repellant! :roll:

Mandy
We don't bother with mossie sprays just make sure we start taking garlic tablets a couple of weeks before we go, seems to work.
We go in June and have already been taking them for a couple of weeks.
I eat plenty of garlic in the food I make so maybe thats why we never have a problem with insects, small animals or people coming near us... :rofl
I get bitten alive when holidaying in Greece but have never had a problem in Cyprus, I still wear my Malibu aftersun with insect repellant just incase though as my mam gets bitten every year! Again not sure if it is something else as I have seen mozzies but never been bitten myself!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.