General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I usually have a shower in the morning to get rid of the after sun I've put on the night before so my pores aren't all clogged up before I apply my suntan lotion :) .
Yes i shower as soon as i get up in a morning even though im usually going to spend the day at the pool or beach. Its a habit i cant break as it my usual routine at home to shower in a morning. I shower before we go out in the evening for our dinner as well. I send the kids in the shower in a morning on holiday too although they do protest and say "we are going in the pool so why do we have to have shower"-now thats dirty kids for you :rofl

Lily. x
Hi Lily. Our paths keep crossing!? Gail
i know!!!! I will bring the chocolates and you bring the wine next time :rofl

Lily. x :offtop
Lol lol. Just waiting for the wine to defrost; got plenty of chocolate though! Gx
I have eczema and my skin is very dry. At home I bath/shower every morning before applying my skin moisturisers so its completely normal to do the same on holiday. So yes, every morning before applying suncream and every evening before we head out when I apply aftersun. Also find that creams (whether normal moisturisers or suncreams) are much easier to apply on slightly damp skin,
More often than not I do shower in the morning to get rid of the previous evening's aftersun and mossie repellant before applying suncream but I will be occasionally lazy and just have a wash before heading off to the pool or beach.
At home I shower every morning. As I'm in the "older category", my skin gets very dry, so I use aqueous cream in the shower, and slather it on afterwards as well.
At home I shower in the morning but when I'm on holiday I shower in the evening :que
Helen T wrote:
use aqueous cream in the shower, and slather it on afterwards as well.

I used to use the stuff all the time, but I became "immune" to it and it didnt do any good so had to change it. Apparently, its been tested and its been proven to be ineffective. Its ok to use in the shower as a soap (and I stress just ok), but not just as a moisturiser. My nursey friend told me that and they are not allowed to use in the hospitals anymore. I use Aveeno cream. Its the best thing I have EVER used and my skin has never been better. Would recommend that Helen :tup
shower in the morning..force of habit
shower several times a day as diving tends to dry your skin out
but, you have to be careful not to have too hot a shower especially if you have been diving below 10m as the heat can expand the bubbles in your blood system and increase your risk of a bend..so it is usually a lukearm quick dunk inbetween dives and then last thing, end of the day when you have probably almost off gassed...a nice shower.
No: don't bother in the morning as I'm going to plaster sun lotion on & be in pool within the hour so what's the point :que
Shower in evening to remove all aforementioned gunk! :D
Evenings for me as well when on my holdiays. Mind shower in the evening most days at home as well :) Do not have time in the mornings! I would be having to get up at six and there is no way I am doing that :wave:
shower every morning, shower every afternoon, and evening

Not to keep my self clean, but to cool down, just to warm

In the morning, it nice to freshen up
In the afternoon, before going out for a walk, have a shower
Before dinner, and before going to bed

And bed is the only time i dont dry my self, just let the air do that for me
joseptuck - sounds like you spend a lot of your holiday in the shower - you must smell nice though :) Sarah, I'll try that Aveeno, when this tub of aqueous cream finishes.
yes , shower before i go down to the pool or out for the day as others have said to get rid of the perfume and aftersun body creams from the night before , it might just be me but i think that way i am preventing prickly heat by not putting more creams on top of old creams , and clogging up the pores, i also step under the shower beofre entering and coming out of the pool before i put more suncream on .
yes i shower 1st thing to get rid of the nights perfume, moistriser, etc as you wont get any tan if you have anything on your skin has to bear for applying sun cream/oil, then after we come from the pool/beach to get rid of sun tan oil / cream for the night ahead and ovbiously wash my hair every night.. ;)
Helen-T

Last years holiday was at Lido De Jeselo, Italy the heat and hummidity was unbairrable at times

Daytime no lower than 38C, and a Barmy night time temperture of 27C, early in the morning 6am, temperture were already reading 28C

So having a shower was one of the ways to cool down
I shower 3 times a day on holiday as well - in the morning before breakfast, then we usually go out walking or sightseeing so shower again when we get back before I go to lunch and then in the evening before dinner. Sounds obsessive when you put it like that!! :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.