Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No - but I know a man who has ;)
Seriously I know about 10 people who did that flight last year from Heathrow and 6 of us have booked for this coming season. My neighbour went on the one that has a quite close connection time and as her flight was late she was quite worried that she would miss the connection but they held up the flight in Columbo for the ongoing Goa passengers.
If it is the same hotel as the one they use for the Thailand flight it is fine.
This airline is owned partly by Emirates so they would not use rubbish as it would go against their reputation as a good airline - this is what swayed us all into booking it instead of Jet via Mumbai.
Sorry bit of mis info re Emirates - they did have 43 per cent of shares in Sri Lanka until March this year but they had a little bit of a row and they pulled out. Friends travelled with them last week and it was no different to a few months ago. Booked with them for 505 pounds return to Goa from Heathrow so hopefully it will still be the same service . At least it is not Air India - thank goodness.,
The tamarind tree in SL is a lovely hotel and close to airport. Have also stayed at Pegasus Reef (not too good) but is on the beach whereas the tamarind tree isn't. Browns beach is a nice hotel on the beach at Negombo with a nice atmosphere.
All three hotels are used by SL airlines but I think Browns Beach is best - I have stayed at all three. Visa is not required.
Hope this is helpful, GFF xx
Hi Phil - Does the flight go direct from Manchester or do us northerners have to get to Heathrow?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.