Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
With respect, your bags containing the tickets were stolen (I guess outside the waterpark) and you expected them to give you free entrance? They have no obligation what-so-ever to do this. Normal process would be to buy a new ticket and claim any loss from your insurance Company.

You claim the waterpark is expensive yet you were happy to pay for entrance in the first place :que

Bit confused here.

Mark :)
The tickets were purchased by credit card, and they told us a refund would be provided if proof purchase was provided, it was and they still then changed their mind.

Difficult to know the value of something until you experience it.
Is it possible that the thieves used the tickets for entry/sold them on to someone who did and the waterpark's tracking system showed this up? I can't comment on the waterpark itself - I don't use them - but if they have proof that the tickets were used, I think it's going to be hard to prove that you weren't complicit in what they perhaps think is a s cam with them as the victims. Please do not think for one moment that I think that you were - I'm just trying to find an explanation for why they would initially say one thing and then do something else. So perhaps a way forward is to ask them for proof that your original tickets were used? If they were then I think that it will be hard to get a refund in the circumstances but if the tickets weren't used then you possibly have a much stronger case.

Also, have you pursued claiming for the value of the stolen tickets via your travel insurance? Though given that they aren't listed on the police report of what was stolen, I think that the chances of them doing so are probably very slim.

SM
it is expensive and dirty and very unprofessional.

That's your opinion, not a fact.!
They have no obligation what-so-ever to do this. Normal process would be to buy a new ticket and claim any loss from your insurance Company

Exactly, so what's the complaint.? Complaining about a theme park not letting you in without valid tickets.? :que
Last year in Ocotber my daughter went to Siam Park with another family and the husband lost his wedding ring in the water! :yikes Now the staff could not do enough to help them find his ring and guess what find it they did :tup They all said it was a lovely place, and yes whilst the food was dear, isn't every eating establishment like this over priced? Yet we still pay it
it is expensive and dirty and very unprofessional.

If that was the case why pay to get in ?
AP1408, err perhaps they didn't find out it was dirty until they actually got into the park?
That's what I was thinking madsue. Its not rocket science to work it out, you can hardly know what a place is like for cleanliness until after you have been in it for a few hours and used the various facilities and by then they have got your money.
Thanks doepsmc :) Thought I was the only one to think the comments above from some people were a bit harsh. And I think it's comments like those that can sometimes make new members reluctant to post again :(
We then paid again to go in again

madsue and doepsmc They must have been in to go in again :duh
I think he means he re-paid for initial entrance - they wouldn't let them in the first time because he had his tickets stolen. :think
Again it's the old written word scenario. You've got to make it clear and precise from the start, or your post can be misinterpreted :tup
Exactly Glynis :) I read that the OP's orignal tickets were stolen, and because of the fact that the children were disappointed that they chose to pay again to go in, which was when they found it dirty. It does tend to depend on how you read the posts :)
So what is the post really about? Yes they had a bag stolen and some tickets were in it. Fine, they will be submitting an insurance claim. If they failed to advise the police when reporting the theft and ensuring it was on the list of items stolen it then it is doubtful they will get their money back from the cc supplier. That is the way it works.

Perhaps the thief did use the tickets to gain admittance but, whilst I don't know this place I assume it was busy and their system may not work as easy as the op may think in tracing the culprits. It might work stopping someone gaining entrance if the ticket has not been used when they are informed but many places once you are in the tickets are never needed.

Dirty and expensive. Even with a good clean up crew that is more often down to the people using the place. Expensive? One reason why I avoid such places.

Without wishing to belittle the OP and their problem I think the post is more to do with wanting to tell people of their personal misfortune and feelings. This is the complaint section and people often post complaining, yet are not actually asking for our help or assistance.

I don't see there is anything we can do except take notice that we should be extra vigilant when visiting such places.

fwh
I'm with fwh on this - what is the post really about?

The bag got stolen before they got there - not the park's fault. Was this a pickpocket or mugging - or was the bag left unattended?

The tickets weren't on the itemised list of contents - why not? The suggestion is that if they had been on the list the park would have given free replacements - I can think of loads of companies who wouldn't so this one seems quite good in that respect.

As for
The tickets were purchased by credit card, and they told us a refund would be provided if proof purchase was provided
who are "they" - the park or card company? If the park, what exactly was the proof that was sent and rejected?

I wonder whether there would ahve been a complaint about the food area if the day hadn't started so badly.

But what really lets this complaint down is that it doesn't say where this Siam Water Park is! So if there's more than one on the planet the rest are going to be really unhappy about this.
steve8482 wrote:
But what really lets this complaint down is that it doesn't say where this Siam Water Park is! So if there's more than one on the planet the rest are going to be really unhappy about this.

So far I've found 2. Tenerife and Bangkok
So one of them is due an apology!

Or both of them is due an apology because opinions are not necessarily fact.
I went to Taronga Zoo in Sydney, I thought it was expensive at $49 ( around £38 each, that was over 70 quid for both of us for a few hours)) but if the exchange rate had been a bit more favourable, then I probably wouldn't hold that view, I thought the food hall was a rip off, again the exchange rate didn't help, but these places are notorious for being over-priced, and because it was a sweltering day, most of the animals had the sense to disappear out of view and into the shade, and some animals were not on display at all....so I could say it was a "rip-off".
Some of that is fact on that day, but if the animals had all been out and I was an Aussie using dollars, I probably would think it was great value for money and looking at the amount of visitors this world famous zoo attracts, my opinion is based on my experience and the events that day, it doesn't confirm that because I was disappointed, that will be be situation every day and I should go public and slate the place.
IMO: Where the OP failed (apart from not stating the location) was by not using the words " in my opinion or based on my experience" and instead we got a statement in the title that Siam Park (whichever one) is the worst water slide park in the world, to be taken as a fact.

Sanji
Wow what a lovely welcoming bunch of people some of you are :( :que

The poster is obviously new and may not sit here on travel forums all of the time so knows exactly what and where to post, we all have to start somewhere. We often find that many people come on here to complain about something when it's not quite in content of the forum description and it's blatantly obvious that all he's trying to do is warn others not to waste their time or money at the place.

No wonder the numbers using this site or dwindling, pretty soon no new people will bother posting here again. With a welcome like that I would'nt bother either!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.