Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
It is over 4 years since we stayed at the Silver Beach, but we would have returned if the unpredictable weather hadn't got the better of us. So until someone comes up with something more recent ---
The hotel was looking tired, our room in the main building had a beautiful sea view, but was small and the bathroom was in need of a facelift. All was kept spotlessly clean, and the mini bar re-stocked every day, Don't expect many TV channels 4 i think, but who stays in the room watching the telly, except when it's raining !
I can't fault the food , and did like the table service and menu, choice of two main courses, but special requests could be catered for. There were Buffet meals twice a week, the restaurant could get very hot, as the air circulation was poor. The bar area was small, and some more tables and chairs outdoors would have been nice, excellent bar staff. The evening entertainment , wasn't for us , we made our own with fellow guests , being a small hotel you soon make friends
The position of the hotel on the beach is lovely, with no problems getting a sunbed or sunshade. the beach is protected by a coral reef, so ideal for snorkeling and safe swimming.But beware because of this the sand is mainly broken coral, very sharp footwear recommended.
I thought we got value for money, as it is only 3* the pleasant attentive staff make the place, but if they haven't already done so it must be time to update the bathrooms.

ps don't know if this is in order , but you will find recent reports on TA
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.