Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Julie and Phil

Just before the end of last season a friend of mine asked me to have a look for this "boutique" hotel the staff at silver sands told me where it was !!!!!!! opposite the football ground in Candolim not even half built :yikes

I am not back there yet to check on it, so i can only give you the update from end of last season.

Mike
the manager of the silver sands told me last Feb that it was "just over the road" pointing towards the main Candolim/ calangute rd, so I am guessing somewhere by Newtons or that general area.
Sorry can't be more precise
hi silver sands is at bottom of beach road candolim very nice :tup
Dawn
talking about the NEW silver sands hotel. :tongue
Just had some feedback on the building opposite the football ground my friend says he does not think it is a boutique hotel !!!!!!! and of course it is still not finished.

I would think the staff that told me where it was were a little way off with the truth !!!!!!! :rofl but i do still have people looking for this hotel so i will keep you informed the minute anyone gets back with a report.

Mike
Thomson's are advertising it.

They are but nobody seems to know where it is. Members on another site have tried contacting Thomsons themselves but they are saying they cannot give any information as their reps are not in Goa yet.

I will keep a lookout for it myself but if it's true to its name it will be hidden away. :rofl
KatieP wrote:
I will keep a lookout for it myself but if it's true to its name it will be hidden away

Or changed to Silver Sands Lurking Somewhere ;)
so, what IS the difference between a "Boutique" hotel and any other?
I don't know how people are going to get to this hotel without the info they need for there Visa like, Name, Addresses and Telephone number of two referees in UK and in India who could be contacted in case of need. without the address of the hotel it looks like there going no-where. I am going for Christmas my 4th time and I am going to look for this hotel. hope the people that have booked to go there are even get there on there visa info have a brill time like I do :)
hiya, i have just read on TA that someone who is due to go to this hotel is being offered a different hotel cos its not ready, they have booked though thomsons and they will find out tomorrow whats being offered.
I spoke to a local taxi driver this morning who says it's located just behind Candolim market and his estimate of it's completion was round about January.

I will try to get to see it before we come home next weekend and maybe take some pictures.
Candolim market???
directions from Newtons please!
Same side of the road Del just a bit down ..do you know where the little market its there... colleen
Its more or less opposite RISING WAVES restaurant theres a bus stop over the rd from the market.Hope i've got the right one :rofl
OK, I've seen it but didn't realise it qualified as a market.
I thought you were talking about something like Mapusa market :)
Del..I was under the same illusion i was a bit let down when i saw it for the first time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.