Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Sivota
3 Posts
Hi
Hubby and I returned from Sivota on Sunday after the most fabulous holiday. We stayed at the Panorama and can highly recommend it. The only down fall is it being situated at the top of a very steep hill so could definately not be recommended for anybody with walking difficulties.
During our stay we spoke to a couple who were staying at the Sivota Hotel. They were complaining that although the rooms were finished to a high standard the hotel itself was not completed and there was a lot of building work in progress. They didn`t mention the breakfasts, but if you chose the Panorama the rooms are very spacious and well equipped with magnificent views. If you are a "full English" breakfast lover, The blue Coast restaurant on the harbour front serves the full monty with real bacon {a first for our time in Greece}
Hope this helps.
Michaela.
We have just returned from a fortnight in Sivota and we stayed at the Panorama apartments.

The view from the apartments was tremendous - the best of any I have stayed in. The weather was very hot and sunny. The area is very attractive and there are lots of tavernas. Ther is also a really good cafe bar called The Bamboo Place with a completely bonkers but brilliant owner. Try it, you will love it!

Those are the good points!

The bad points?

Average food and average service - I don't mean slow as we always expect this. I mean surly and disinterested.

Average beaches which are very spread out.

The very steep hill back to the Panorama - this is to be expected as it gives you the view.

The apartments were grubby on arrival (although ours was large).

The apartments were incredibly noisy - just how much noise does the average Italian family expect to make???

The resort itself was the noisiest place I have ever stayed in Greece. I think the location of our apartment didn't help but nor did the 2 nightclubs and several bars. The nightclubs appeared to be open until 5 in the morning. They closed just in time for the tankers to arrive to refuel the boats in the harbour!! Top tip - take some industrial quality ear plugs!

I think the fact we went in August didn't help.

Further to an earlier post, the Sivota Hotel still isn't finished!

P.S The kids loved it!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.