Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
i wouldnt imagine it would be that crowded in a smaller greek resort,it's not exactly Faliraki or Malia,and it will only hold a number of guests equal to the number of beds and facilities it has surely?

However,the one you wanted isn't available and now you have no holiday to go on,surely that's a less acceptable alternative than another hotel,i'm going to Zante in 10 days time and to the hotel we specifically wanted but if they phone us up and tell us we cant have it anymore we won't opt to have no holiday instead,that would be mad and although i already live in Greece 2 weeks on holiday beats 2 weeks at home any day!

I don't wish to sound like i'm patronising you at all as i am not and i do sympathise with the plight of people that get mugged off by tour operators,i see them everyday and hear the gripes of people that have arrived after shelling out thousands only to find they're not getting what they paid for,but if you end up not going away you lose twice,and risk cutting your nose off to spite your own face. As i said before,in a small traditional resort like Skala i think you'd find it harder to find a bad hotel than you would to find a great one,holidays are what you make them,the atmosphere of the resort,the new people you meet and see enjoying themselves,the weather,the food and most importantly,the break from normal life.
:sun2
Which alternative hotel did they offer you. I can vouch fully for the Pela, Kalloni2 and the Pasiphae. I think it was probably Kalloni 2. That is straight facing the sea and only a 10 minute stroll to the square. Nice pool area. If so there are details of the hotel on the link I sent you for the Aegean to email about travellers cheques. It sounds like there is a problem with the hotel as the flights are obviously still running. I do hope you get something sorted out........i know how much you have been looking forward to this. :( :que
Plus, I don't think there is anywhere too noisy and busy in Skala Kalloni.....its just not that sort of place. But I also know that doesn't stop the disappointment you are feeling right now.........
Kath
I am so sorry to hear about all the hassle. I have just returned from the Kalloni 2 and it is a great place to stay, that was my 3rd visit to that hotel. The staff are so lovely there I am sure you would not be disappointed. If you want any more info about the hotel or the village itself, please get in touch

Heather
Any more news funny.onion??? How did you get on today sorting out your holiday? Will you still travel or are you postponing the trip until next year? Hope you got some satisfaction out of the mess you found yourself in yesterday..........
Kath
Just got back from Samos and just wondering wether you ever made it to Skala Kalloni funnyonion??.....or are you going next year? If so, you've got a real treat in store......and if you've just come back, then hope you had a fantastic time!
Kath
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.