Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Skybargains-HELP
27 Posts
if she paid on her credit card, advise her to contact the credit card company. they have ways of claiming it back for her.
is there any info on the website to advise how to claim back?
I think she will need to make a claim through ABTA, http://www.abta.com however it may take months to get her money back, it may a lot faster to claim off her credit card, this is one of the reasons I always use a credit card to pay for my holidays even though there is normally an extra charge, also check her holiday insurance as this may be another route.

Dave.
Hi the website just says details will be displayed shortly, she has just rang her credit card company and they have advised her to try and get in touch with skybargains tomorrow and if she gets no joy to ring card company back. Thanks for your replies so far. Julie.
For others Skybargins has many trading names, these can be seen at http://www.abta.com/find-a-holiday/member-search/5658

Dave
Thanks dave. will keep you all posted on any news she recieves. Julie.
it may a lot faster to claim off her credit card,

To make a claim against a credit card will require documentation confirming they have ceased trading - you will need to wait until ABTA posts details of this and how a claim should be made.

fwh
Hi fwh i thought so too any idea how long this will take as she needs to book another holiday. How can they get away with doing this she only got a phone call a few days ago asking if every thing was ok & could they offer her transfers. Thank god she used her credit card she was going to pay on her debit card till i told her to use credit card after all the advice ive seen on here. Julie.
In my case which was the deposit it took three weeks from finding out.

When I found out it was two weeks after it had happened as I was away on holiday and read about it here on HT.

There was a statement and claim form on the ATOL website and I printed off the statement and sent that with a letter. I then received a form to sign and sent copies of the documents I had.

They wrote a few days later to say it would be paid into my account with a disclaimer that they reserved the right to claim it back. That is standard as it is treated the same as a disputed account.

fwh
Hi fwh thank you very much for that information i will pass it on to her. Ive told her just to book another holiday and sort the claim back as and when she can. Julie.
Not for a holiday but a gym my wife used ceased trading and all they did was put a note on the gym door. My wife had paid about £200 up front on her Barclaycard. She rang Barclaycard who told her all she needed to do was take a photograph of the front door with the message and send it to them (by e-mail if we wished). They then credited my wifes card within 2 days! I'd sugest asking her credit card company to view the web page or send them a copy of it explaining the quicker the better reguarding monies back!
To add, Barclaycard paid it back into the account but had the right to take it back out if they fail in getting the funds back but I don't think they'll have a problem if it's ATOL protected!
Go to the ABTA website - Check the member number K346X and follow the links.

They will take you to a PDF page that explains what to do and the ABTA policy.

Might help you.

fwh
Hi,

We've a flight booked with this lot to Turkey in Sept. and just phoned the Airline we're flying with who said "send us confirmation of payment etc. and we'll honour it!".

Not sure if that helps but....

Good luck

Adrian
Hi ahaughton thanks a lot for that i will get her to ring them. Julie.
Hi, I have also booked flights and accomodation with this company, so I know how you are feeling. But dont worry!!
We have flights with Thomas Cook and accomodation was booked separately through Skybargains. We found out that only our deposit had been paid for our flights, even though we had paid the travel costs in full. Your travel company (whoever you are flying with and if you have also got the accomodation with them) have now been informed by ABTA. Get the phone number for your company off the ABTA website (you may have to ring a few departments, but we finally got through to the liquidation department). Ring them....your booking is secure as Skybargains are ABTA bonded. If you have paid in full, as long as you have the invoice (you can still log into your skytrip account) and if you booked with a credit card - your credit card statement, that is all you need to prove you have paid in full, so you will not have to pay again, and the company will claim back off ABTA. Your company will send you a pack, and they will honour your booking. They are all very helpful and understanding - so dont think you have lost your holiday..... We fly at the end of August. As for our accomodation, we have lost this booking, and will have to rebook with another company and claim the money back off either ABTA or our credit card company.
Dont panic!!! Hope this helps....
Hi bear she has rang the flight company and they have said to send proof in that she has paid they will look into it & should hounour the flights also abta told her she lost her hotel because they wont honour the booking. Credit card compsnt dont want to know till she has gone down all avenues with abta. Good luck & hope you have a good holiday. Julie.
Just an update on the above situation my daughter has had confirmation that gold trail will hounour the flights but hotel company wont so she going to claim that back of credit card company. Abta and gold trail have been really helpful in this matter. So holiday is back on she just about to rebook hotel & transfers. Hope everbody else gets their case resolved as quick & painfree as she has. Julie
Thanks for keeping us updated.

The information you are giving might just help others with a similar problem. That is what being a member of HT is all about.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.