Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Excellant, not so much for me as an ex smoker but for my kids. A total ban starts in Scotland as well in January :D
Great news,they have the ban in the Ireland and its brilliant :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Don't get too excited, this is Spain we're talking about and consequently the rules are interpreted by each establishment as they see fit. The rules (which only apply to places that serve food) state that any smoking area made available must be well ventilated, this will mean that the smokers get the terraces and the open windows whilst the non-smokers get stuck with a couple of tables at the back by the kitchens.

There is no funding available yet to police this piece of legislation and consequently most bars and restaurants are not taking it seriously. However, things may change next year when the law comes into affect on the Spanish mainland.
Does this apply to Hotels too?
Not the restaurants but around the bar?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.