Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Smoking
17 Posts
We arrived back from Majorca on Tuesday there was smoking everywhere bars hotels pubs never saw any signs for no smoking.
cheers
Thanks ell20 for the info
hello can anybody tell me the legallities of smoking in mallorca as a non smoker I wish to holiday somewhere where smoking is banned
I went in a few bars in Alcudia last summer and smoking was still allowed
As far as I understand the Spanish smoking laws, bars could opt either to allow smoking or to ban it. Those I have seen that still allow it have signs in the window to this effect.

I have been to several Spanish hotels since the ban. They are either totally non-smoking, such as the Rosamar and Poseidon in Benidorm, or have a designated smoking room such as the Don Pablo, Don Pedro, Don Pacquito in Torremolinos and the Madeira Centro in Benidorm. Torremolinos Beach Club had made one bar non-smoking, but allowed smoking in one half of their entertainment lounge.

I appreciate that none of these are in Majorca, but it will give you an idea of how other hotels in Spain have handled the smoking issue.

luci :wave
I am a non smoker (many of my friends are smokers) we all happily go to Majorca and enjoy our holidays. Majorca has something for everyone and thats what we like!!!! Long may it continue. CBG
Not trying to start a smoking debate but does anyone know of an All Inclusive hotel in Majorca where even a small area is available for us stinky smokers?
Thinking of looking for a late deal but don't want to be stuck outside at this time of year if entertainment and bars are inside!
We were in Santa Ponsa at the beginning of March and we could smoke anywhere in the hotel apart from the restaurant. Most of the bars and restaurants that we visited outside the hotel allowed smoking indoors as well although there were some that were no-smoking establishments. It is alot more lenient (and fairer) than here. There is also a smoking room at Palma airport. :tup
lol wish i had known about the smoking room in the airport, we had a long delay and i was desparate for a ciggie.
Is there a smoking law in Majorca? Sorry but speaking as a non smoker I was hoping it was not allowed in restaurants and bars but after reading some hotel reviews I think it is allowed.

Thought it would have to follow E.U. regulations. It is banned in canary island hotels. :que
The guy who owns the Rat Pack Bar in C'an Pastilla told me last year that the government in Mallorca wouldnt dare to bring the smoking ban.According to him the locals would riot!!!! :yikes
We were surprised as we thought it was a blanket ban like the UK. We spoke to a bar owner and were told that owners of establishments were given the choice to be smoking or non-smoking which at least gives us all the choice.

Marge8 -there were plenty of restaurants and bars that were non-smoking.
The smoking room at the airport is nearby MacDonalds, but inside.... it looks blue

Regards, Peter
I heard the same as roswell, each place was given a choice. The Levante Hotel (Thomson Gold hotel) in Cala Bona changed to no-smoking last year but has converted the small "conservatory" into a smoking room.

The smokers weren't happy, the non-smokers were but I guess they changed due to it being Thomson and primarily English guests.

Louise
Going back to Majorca after two years what is the situation to smoking in bars and open air bars? Do they have a ban and if so do they they enforce it? thanks
read above replys.if they banned it no.if not yes.open air yes.you will find nearly all bars still smoke.you will only find a few eating places that took the option of no smoking.

in restaurants it was banned well before this new eu law came in to force.in other words smoke like you would have done.apart from hotel main areas.most now have a room set aside.do what the hell you like in your room.

spain 3rd biggest smoking nation.if we had took there option.pubs would not be shutting at the rate they are today.we went over the top.

bnira stay at home.thats your best bet.people smoke in the streets.would that still put you off.bet you still went on hols before this law came in to effect.i could go on and on.i dont wish to slag anyone off.but its killing us.not just the smoke.

pubs in a while you will not see.and try not to blame supermakets.they are looking after people who like to stay in.you could blame sky tv or virgin for that/money is tight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.