Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Sol Costa Dorada
15 Posts
Hi.
Just curious to see if anyone has been to the Sol Costa Dorada?
If so, any infomation would be brilliant. How far from beach? Food quality etc?
Ive seen to review web sites but both are completly different.

Any info appreciated!
Thanks.
The Sol Costa Daurada is a very clean four star hotel, However I have stayed there twice in March, during this time the Spanish pensioners fill the hotel at a very reasonable price, therefore the quality of the catering is not so good except at weekends when people from Barcelona arrive for a short break and the food improves. The hotel is very convenient for Port Aventura but a good walk from the beach, Taking all I have said we had very good value for money here, the indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna add to this. The staff are very obliging and friendly but the hotel entertainment is not much cop.
Picked up a bargain week at the above, i Know it's not in the busy area of Salou but are there any decent Taverner's and local (not Brit themed) bars in the vicinity and whats the fishing like?

wizard
Sorry to disagree but the Sol Costa Dorada is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
Good points, very clean and well furnished.
Bad Points, food terrible in fact uneatable most nights and we are not fussy eaters
Full of Spanish OAPs they get a special rate off the government.
Location is the end, of the very end of Salou. Spent more on taxis and the trolly train as there is no public transport by it.
I would seriously think about changing your accom. We spent a week there last Oct, never again. There is a reason its a bargain.
There are no bars at all in the immediate area. The nearest bar is the Titanic and other Brit type bars
Margaret
Hi Margaret,

We were there the week before Xmas, the Spanish pensioners don't go there any more. The food was certainly better but at the end of the day what do we expect for £15.00 a night Half Board. I do however take your point about it being remote, but Salou is desolate in the winter wherever you stay. We travel to Barcelona and Tarragona and walk to Cambrils. Apart from during the day I only have a drink in the Hotel. We will go there again in the winter if Ryanair do not up their bag handling charges again.
I chose this hotel because it is not in the main part of Salou all i am looking for is info on any bars etc near to the hotel.. I'm not too worried about the food ,the price we paid it wont matter if we eat out

wizard
We have stayed there twice in the last 2 months.We think its ok.Plenty of food,very clean hotel. you dont have to get taxis all the time.A walk to the front will take you about 15 mins at the most.It was not full of spanish when we stayed there, more brits than anything after a bargain.For £15 a night half board i would say very good for the money.The entertainment might be ballroom dancing but you dont have to do it.large tv in big room to watch football, pool table,bit of bingo, rifle shooting,what do you expect in the quiet winter months.Go for it and enjoy. We would go back. dont let other peoples reviews put you off.if you want photos let me know.
hi,can you tell me the website where you are getting these bargins from please,we walked past this hotel last october and i thoughy it looked very nice,if i am on the right hotel its the one in the vicinity of villa romana and the h 10 hotel,it was 10 mins from the theme park and 15 mins walk into town that our 4 year old easily managed.we stayed at the hotel el paso which was excellent,but with a family of 6,doesnt come cheap,so i was on the lookout for hotels near the theme park for the future :) mo
I'm going on the 16th Feb flight (Ryan)and hotel own transfers for what i thought was a good deal £144.50 each 2 sharing from Fleetway travel (i usually use their sister company Phone and Fly

wizard
Flights Ryanair to Reus from Stansted, Luton, Blackpool sometimes £10 return just keep looking.

Sol Costa Daurada from Wintersunshine Holidays, Travel Republic or Sol Melia Hotels direct booking.

Transfer by bus something like 10euros return 25euros each way Taxi

Fantastic value for money, As Bluetoff says ignore some reviews, But as the cost is low sometimes the people staying there are not too clever but we have never taken offence at any one.

Fleetway Travel do some cheapies for 3 days + at very good prices
We booked through expedia.co.uk for the hotel, which was £20 cheaper than travel republic,but a couple of weeks earlier they were the same price, you have to keep checking, and Ryanair of course for the flights. ( £10 return) but not always that price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.