Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
What would you like to know about the Iberostar Costa Dorada.
I am a repeat guest and have been 6 times so far, just come back in May this year.
Any questions I will be pleased to answer for you.
Its like our second home.
Angie.
I have read a few of the reviews and some people have said it needs work doing on the hotel etc. Have you been there this summer? Also, we are going to use the al a carte restaurants, do the men have to wear smart long pants ie trousers or can they be more casual as long as theyre long? Thanks

Sally :cheers
sallyd,

As I said in my post above I have just come back from the ICD this May, whilst we were there bedrooms were being re-painted and new softer mattresses were replacing the harder mattresses of previous years.

'People say the resort needs work doing to it'

The resort every year we have been going is always being updated, paint work on railings etc etc they always keep the resort clean and fresh looking.

Men can wear any long trousers even jeans to the A La Cartes as long as they are clean and not the ripped type of jeans, also trainers or closed shoes must be worn, not flip flops, and shirt wise they have to be T-shirts or polo shirts no vest type tops.
That includes the buffet restaurant as well.No vest tops or flip flops but long style smart shorts or 3/4 trousers can be worn.

Angie.
hi, we have booked to go in may next year if you don't mind perhaps you could let me know when you come back what you thought of the place, we have only read good reviews and even though it is 9months or more away iam already getting excited.
We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and stayed for 3 weeks. Very nice hotel and pleasant staff. Buffet restaurant nice and lots of choice, a little repetitive after 3 weeks though. Bar/snack bar by the side of the pool good during the day. Generally once a week, paella cooked on the beach.

Auditorium in the evening for entertainment, downside, this is the only bar on the complex in the evening, apart from a small nightclub later in the evening.

No bars in sight, out of complex. Tried the Speciality restaurants but not my scene.

Very clean hotel and theres always work being done to keep it nice.

Catamarans on beach are great, you are suppose to receive 1hr per day, a little tip, get some beers from your room or bar and give them to the guys looking after the Catamarans and you can have them has long has you want.
This is an absolutely fantastic hotel......You'll love it!
I was there last year and wanted to book it for next year but unfortunately my budget wasn't stretching that far! I have booked to go to the Ib. Daiquiri in Cuba instead.If it's as half as good as the Costa Dorada, then I'll be happy.

David
Great, thanks very much! I go on saturday, cant wait! Il post a review when i come home, thats if i come back.....

Sally :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.